2014 world championships...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

VamP

Banned
Nys does, he said this week he has his eyes on Mourey as his biggest opponent

Would be a surprise (even to himself) and the same applies to Van Tornout, neither of them (although Klaas probably worst) have show much of form as of late

Niels won at Hoogerheide in 2009 though, and he's always there or thereabouts for the big races. I would not be shocked to see him on the podium. Let's put it that way.

There are pictures from the course recce yesterday on Cyclingnews, it looks very dry, apart from one muddy section in a lower field. Forecast light rain for Sturday, dry for Sunday.

The Couch

Über Member
it looks very dry, apart from one muddy section in a lower field. Forecast light rain for Sturday, dry for Sunday.
If that's the case, LvdH becomes top-favourite (don't think anybody can beat him in a sprint). Just think back at the (boring) Heusden-Zolder race where most of the field stayed together

VamP

Banned
If that's the case, LvdH becomes top-favourite (don't think anybody can beat him in a sprint). Just think back at the (boring) Heusden-Zolder race where most of the field stayed together

I thought Heusden - Zolder was one of the best races this season! :eek:

Did we watch the same race?

I think Stybar would have won that one BTW, had he not fumbled a clip-in on the last run up.

U

User169

Well that was made to look pretty routine! Bad luck for Compton though.

Course is firm. Barring a deluge, looks like it will be quick tomorrow!

VamP

Banned
Quality ride by Lechner, and a happy result for Wyman. Compton clearly not well. Same Toupalik in the juniors.

Can't wait to see how Stybar copes with 4th row gridding tomorrow. Should be a good race. The course is great, quick but with plenty of sketchy sections that penalise mistakes heavily.

Last cx race of season for me. 150 riders and a "neutralised zone" + a month of rain so will stupid muddy. 11:45 kick off.

What time is the main event streaming live? Will there be a catch up service? Stybar or LVDH for win.

VamP

Banned
Last cx race of season for me. 150 riders and a "neutralised zone" + a month of rain so will stupid muddy. 11:45 kick off.

What time is the main event streaming live? Will there be a catch up service? Stybar or LVDH for win.

2pm on the uci channel, and it's a available there for viewing for a week I think...

I think a Belgian is going to win this time, for a change, and his name will begin with an S and with an s.

But I agree it's not a given.

Should be back for around half 2. Come back from a race to then announce that i'll be watching a race! I'd likely find the locks changed next time i left the house.

Great if it's on all week though. Cheers.

The Couch

Über Member
Great display of the 2 people who probably have the biggest work ethic of the whole bunch. That was a great duel and nice/deserving win for Styby.
Could have gone either way, the "loser" was clearly going to be the one who was going to make an error in the last round.
(Strength-wise there wasn't really anything separating them)

Also great display of Wout Van Aert, seems like Van der Poel didn't feel at his best (my feeling is that he's worn-out of going from the road straight to CX without taking much of a break).... still the evolution Van Aert made this year, is pretty incredible.

Compton having the entanglement of bikes made the women race pretty much only interesting for 3rd place.

All in all, not a bad 2 days for Belgium (we have had some ugly results in the past) it seems the upcoming generation U23 and juniors aren't too shabby

BUR70N

Just watched the races online, awesome racing in all the categories. Vos was just class from the start but good podium result for Wyman, the mens elite was just fast and fun to watch!

Top Bottom