2016 France (Pyrenees and Alps) Cycling

Discussion in 'Member's Travelogues' started by Shut Up Legs, 23 Sep 2016.

1. OP
    OP
    Shut Up Legs

Shut Up Legs Down Under Member

No biggie. :smile: No doubt more people will discover it over time. I also wrote it for the benefit of my relatives, siblings and parents (easier than emailing a separate report to them), so they've read it too.

welsh dragon likes this.
  2. OP
    OP
    Shut Up Legs

Of course, perhaps the thread title was a bit banal, and should have been "Victor's stupendous victory over the humongous French peaks". :laugh:

3. welsh dragon

welsh dragon a permanent vacancy now exists

That's more like it....:laugh:

4. OP
    OP
    Shut Up Legs

I just added "Pyrenees and Alps" to the thread title, perhaps that will pique peoples' interest. :okay:

welsh dragon likes this.
  5. EnPassant

EnPassant Remember Remember some date in November Member

True, I caught it because it popped up in 'new posts' and had completely missed it previously.
    Fantastic write up @Shut Up Legs thankyou.

Shut Up Legs and welsh dragon like this.
  6. OP
    OP
    Shut Up Legs

I'm such a hill-climbing tragic. I'm already browsing various cycle-touring web sites, looking for the best deal for next year, to ride the hills I missed this time, and do others too.
    cycling-smiley-uphill.gif :bicycle:

Last edited: 6 Jan 2017
    welsh dragon likes this.
  7. OP
    OP
    Shut Up Legs

Postscript: I finally got the photos emailed to me from Sport-Photo.fr, 2.5 months after I ordered them (and after lodging a transaction dispute with my bank). I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, and just assume they were disorganised and somehow misplaced my order. :rolleyes:

Anyway: here's one of them, probably the best of the lot, as it shows me smiling (obviously pleased with myself) and with the Mont Ventoux summit and old weather station in the background.

14719_2016-09-13_14h07_C1256_1-sml.jpg

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice