2017 and 2018 Prudential RideLondon - Surrey Classic

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
Shall miss it this year, on Holiday. Great event and now recognised in the UCI world tour.

OP
OP
brommers

brommers

Years beyond my wisdom
2 days before the race and very few riders announced - is this down to the organisers, or the teams? It doesn't seem to happen with major races in other countries. :angry:

lyn1

Über Member
2 days before the race and very few riders announced - is this down to the organisers, or the teams? It doesn't seem to happen with major races in other countries. :angry:

I suspect teams. With the Tour only finishing late Sun. and 3 WT races this w/end, teams will be fully stretched given injuries, illness or fatigue. Some juggling of resources needed.

OP
OP
brommers

brommers

Years beyond my wisdom
I've not heard of most of the riders, but isn't Viviani a bit useful?
Viviani is the Olympic omnium champion, beating Cavendish into silver and would be one of the main contenders should it come to a sprint finish on the Mall.

There was talks of that over 2 weeks ago during the tour - baby must be overduue
Degenkolb got his excuses in early; I think we need to face the facts that The Made-Up London Thing is not a classic nor is it ever going to be irrespective of what "status" the UCI give it.

Given the choice of riding San Sebastian , the Tour of Poland, or the London Thingy I think the start lists will tell you which events the teams are giving a shite about.

OP
OP
brommers

brommers

Years beyond my wisdom
The Tour of Poland is obviously a different type of event, being a stage race. RideLondon is new at World Tour level, up against San Sebastien and teams would probably being honouring contracts and sponsorship etc. so RL will have to either compete with them, or try to find another spot in the calendar.

Top Bottom