2017 Suggestions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Diggs

Veteran
Right, at the end of 2015 I decided that I wanted to push myself and actually plan a few cycling related activities for 2016.
Highlights included, Clif Cross in Yorkshire, Team Matrix launch, a mini road trip for the Women's Tour, my first CC Forum ride (Finally faces to a few names ) after which I foolishly suggested I'd look at an Essex equivalent, plus various sportives and organised rides .
All in all I'm quite happy with what I achieved but I'm looking to up the ante for 2017 against the challenge of austerity we find ourselves in.
I'm looking for anything slightly different, ideally weekend based. There's this which looks entertaining
https://www.battleonthebeach.co.uk/
On road/off road participation or just watching, ideally anything quirky I may have missed

Thoughts and suggestions ?

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Suggestion 1: A Friday Night Ride to the Coast. It's weekend based but it only takes up Friday night/Saturday morning and you'll be bright as a button ready to enjoy Saturday after breakfast. Well, sort of bright as a sort of button. And ready to enjoy Saturday providing that your plans for Saturday revolve mainly around being asleep.

Suggestion 2: Another FNRttC.

OP
OP
Diggs

Diggs

Veteran
Good idea @Dogtrousers the FNRttCs had crossed my mind but along with things like the DunRun I'd always been a little bit concerned about making it through the night. My experiences on the Moonwalk the other year have reinforced my opinion that by the early hours of the morning, I'm (how can we put it politely) not really at my best. That said, I will be keeping an eye on them to see any locations or times fit in.

Top Bottom