2018 TDF - Eurosport re-run - Sky abuse

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Martinsnos

Just watching the 2018 TDF highlights on Eurosport and I’d forgotten the level of abuse (including liquids and physical) that team Sky received.
Booing etc fine but making physical contact is disgraceful.

johnblack

Über Member
Just watching the 2018 TDF highlights on Eurosport and I’d forgotten the level of abuse (including liquids and physical) that team Sky received.
Booing etc fine but making physical contact is disgraceful.
I was on Alpe D'huez and it was pretty grim, there were large groups of French fans who were a disgrace, spitting at Bernal when he was on the front half way up. It was the same at Dutch corner, really not pleasant.

OP
OP
M

Martinsnos

I was on Alpe D'huez and it was pretty grim, there were large groups of French fans who were a disgrace, spitting at Bernal when he was on the front half way up. It was the same at Dutch corner, really not pleasant.
Hi John,
That is really interesting (sad) to hear. What morons.
From what I’ve seen on tv just in general some of them go absolutely nuts (like kids not adults).
Best wishes,
Martin

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
There have always been extremely partisan fans. In the past they scattered tacks, assaulted riders, etc. If anything it's tamer now.

johnblack

Über Member
Hi John,
That is really interesting (sad) to hear. What morons.
From what I’ve seen on tv just in general some of them go absolutely nuts (like kids not adults).
Best wishes,
Martin
Bardet was leading and the French were going insane, by the end when the radio commentators annouced that Thomas had one it went very quiet, obviously we found it hilarious.

Top Bottom