2018 Vuelta CQ game

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Armchair Cyclist

This is the latest edition of a game I run on Velorooms and Cycling News forums, so I thought I would spread the net a bit further. Essentially you pick a team of 8 riders for the Vuelta, with your budget and the points earned by riders determined according to the scales at Cycling Quotient (cqranking.com). Sorry the notice is a bit short.
I do daily updates (real life allowing): if I get at least 3 people here joining in, I'll copy them to here as well, otherwise I'll point you to the threads at the other two forums.

Team of exactly eight riders If you pick someone who is not riding, I'll replace him with the next cheapest of his team, or the next cheapest in the race if there is not one in his team.

Budget Budget will be 3500 points. If you are over budget, I'll take out the cheapest rider who can be replaced with a cheaper member of his team that will bring you into budget, or the next cheapest in the race if there is not one in his team (first in alphabetical order if two or more meet that definition).

Price of riders
CQ score for 12 months to 19th August, for which the update file that CQ released on Monday 20th will be considered definitive.
There is a dropbox spreadsheet of riders likely to participate and their prices for the game, and a facility for checking the team total.

Submitting your team
By personal message to me, either here or at Velorooms.com

Please send the team with names formatted as per CQ. (Surname[space]Forename and nothing else: Spanish/Portuguese names need particular care, as do accents or other diacritics) Please do not include riders' teams and prices. It makes an enormous difference to the efficiency of adding teams. If you use the dropbox spreadsheet it will be a simple copy and paste job.

I have lodged my team with Salvarani (the first person to submit a team).

Deadline
The start of the race, which I believe to be Saturday 25th August at 5:20 pm (CEST, 15:20 UTC)

Scoring
Points issued according to the points tables of CQ (column GT2). Note there are no points issued for the young rider category.

Entries as of mid morning (UK time) Friday, about 30 hours to go
Akuryo
AmisVelo
Armchair_Cyclist
BluesInTheBottle
Bminchow
Carlo_Algatrensig
Crevaison
Del1962
Hakkie2
Koronin
Leadbelly
LosBrolin
Mellow_Velo
MidnightFright
Nathanptz
NorthAmericanScum
Paniou
Salvarani
Search
SemirS
Shalgo
Vladimir

All teams so far valid and within budget.

Good luck to all.

Top Bottom