2019 Goats League - Climb 28 - Col de Peyresourde

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Ride opens for attempts at midnight 7th July 2019, and closes on Midnight on the 1st September 2019, ride must be completed within that window for it to count otherwise you get the time of the slowest rider plus 5%.

Another pass that made it's first appearance in 1910, when the Col de Peyresorde was first crossed by our old friend Octave Lapize :biggrin:. It has since made numerous appearances (54 since 1947). The most famouse of which was possibly as stage 8 in 2016, when a certain Chris Froome caught the peloton napping at the summit, and attacked taking a solo stage win, and the yellow jersey to boot.

profile.coldepeyresourdeeast.png

Unfortunately for you lot, you're going UP From Bagnes de Luchon which is where the 2016 Stage 8 finished :biggrin: a 13.44 Km long climb with only 749m of ascent! Just top make it worse the last three and a half kilometers are downhill so enjoy that first 10km :rofl:

Post your times in the thread and I'll update the Goats League Spreadsheet

Please include your BRVR User/Display Name to give other riders pacers to chase if they so desire.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Gonna have a go at this later. May end up being a pootle as legs tired from last 2 days of climbing, but need to do this for both TdF challenge and this league. Anything sub hour will be nice (need to average 210 watts : 2.8 w/kg).

Whorty

Gonna have a go at this later. May end up being a pootle as legs tired from last 2 days of climbing, but need to do this for both TdF challenge and this league. Anything sub hour will be nice (need to average 210 watts : 2.8 w/kg).
Seems i had a little more in the tank than i thought. 50:14 mins at ave of 236 watts (average 246 watts on the climb, in 45:36 mins)

50:14 please @Aleman :okay:

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Seems i had a little more in the tank than i thought. 50:14 mins at ave of 236 watts (average 246 watts on the climb, in 45:36 mins)

50:14 please @Aleman :okay:
There's no stopping you at the moment, I don't know where you guys find the time to do the challenges.

Whorty

There's no stopping you at the moment, I don't know where you guys find the time to do the challenges.
I'd like to say the reason I get time to ride on Zwift/BRVR is a positive one, but alas no. My wife is ill and I'm her full time carer so I get very little chance to get out as I need to be in looking after her. In the afternoon when she nods off for an hour, that's when I tend to jump on the bike. I guess it's a positive out of a very negative situation!

Even with this riding I'm still way off your pace :notworthy: I must try harder :training: :biggrin:

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
I'd like to say the reason I get time to ride on Zwift/BRVR is a positive one, but alas no. My wife is ill and I'm her full time carer so I get very little chance to get out as I need to be in looking after her. In the afternoon when she nods off for an hour, that's when I tend to jump on the bike. I guess it's a positive out of a very negative situation!

Even with this riding I'm still way off your pace :notworthy: I must try harder :training: :biggrin:
All power to your knees, elbows and back @Whorty , you have my utmost respect for what you're doing :okay:
Good on you for jumping on a bike when you have the chance to, I think I'd be taking the opportunity to have 40 winks too!

Del C

Veteran
Hey @Aleman I'm back............ I think?

50.58 for me. I followed @Whorty up, but not quite as close as I meant to!

Saw the conversation between you two on closed stages. Is there a limit that you can't go back beyond, if you didn't complete the stage.

I missed loads of stages after I picked up my virus some time ago, so I lost a bit of motivation to keep going. But if I can ride some of the missed stages, I'd probably give them a go.

No problem if the answer is no. I'll just ride the open stages.

I've got an Alps trip coming up in September, so there is a bit more motivation to do more climbing right now.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Aleman

Aleman

Motivation has been a killer for me, no riding for at least two months ... I'm hoping to start again, as I really need to develop some power again, plus I'm now 74kg !!! I need to get into a weight loss competition with @Whorty ...

What I'm trying to say, is no time limit to do the rides

Whorty

Motivation has been a killer for me, no riding for at least two months ... I'm hoping to start again, as I really need to develop some power again, plus I'm now 74kg !!! I need to get into a weight loss competition with @Whorty ...

What I'm trying to say, is no time limit to do the rides
YFB :mrpig:

Given your extra weight, and loss of power, you need to be doing the long rides first :biggrin: Character building they are :rofl:

I'm down to 74kg now. I touched 73kg yesterday, but that was mostly due to an IBS flair-up (which I won't go into) so that was a blip. Hoping to lose the extra kg for good though within the next month. So damn hard though to lose the extra few kg - the first kgs dropped off :sweat:

I did do a TdF challenge ride yesterday, a ride I first did back in mid June (Col de I'iseroud). Back in June I time at 1:04:24 at average watts of 230. last night I was 1:02:10 at average watts of 237. Well chuffed :wahhey:

Oh @Aleman I think my time in the league for Tourmelat is skew-whif ..... looks like an extra '0' at the front of the time. Cheers. :okay:

OP
OP
Aleman

Aleman

I did do a TdF challenge ride yesterday, a ride I first did back in mid June (Col de I'iseroud). Back in June I time at 1:04:24 at average watts of 230. last night I was 1:02:10 at average watts of 237. Well chuffed :wahhey:
Hmmm, do you mean the L'Iseran ??Or Perhaps the Peyresourde?? Or the d'Izoard

Top Bottom