2019 Goats League - Climb 29 - La Planche Des Belles Filles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Ride opens for attempts at midnight 7th July 2019, and closes on Midnight on the 1st September 2019, ride must be completed within that window for it to count otherwise you get the time of the slowest rider plus 5%.

I'm so glad that the folks at BigRing VR included this ride, as the Vosge is my number one choice for a retirement home.

Only appearing recently in le Tour when it was the finish for stage 7, the win was taken by ... yes you guessed it ... Chris Froome :biggrin: ... only this year was when he was riding in support of Wiggo who of course took the yellow jersey. It appeared again in 2014 when Nibali took stage victory (10) on his way to winning the Yellow Jersey, Froomey having crashed out that year on the wet cobbles on Stage 2 ... and stage 3 ... before finally calling it a day after crashing again on stage 4, turns out he had broken his wrist on stage 2! :eek: (So MTFU! :rofl: ). It's last appearance was in 2017 (stage 5) where Fabio Aru took the stage, and the yellow jersey settled again on the shoulders of Froomey.:wahhey::wahhey:

with only 546m of ascent in the 10.67Km climb, you would be forgiven for thinking what's so special about that after all the average gradient is only a smidge over 5%!! :huh: Unfortunately the climb from Plancher les Mines is 5.9Km and climbs 503m, making the average gradient a smidge under 9% with a 'maximum' of 14% ... Still doesn't sound that much of a challenge?? :huh: Enjoy the short section of 22 to 28% then :rofl::rofl:

profile.planchedesbellesfilles.png

Post your times in the thread and I'll update the Goats League Spreadsheet

Please include your BRVR User/Display Name to give other riders pacers to chase if they so desire.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
@39:37 please @Aleman

Not an ideal ride to do in this heat!!! I may have just lost 2 stone in sweat :sweat:

1st half is flattish and hard to keep the power up. 2nd half is a killer and hard to turn over the pedals at times :B)

Be nice to see these times added to the league soon :reading:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Aleman

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Left the tandem at home this time! SWMBO wants me to convert it to straight bar as she is finding the position puts pressure in places she doesn't want it :eek::laugh::laugh::laugh:

@41:23 Please Aleman

Top Bottom