2019 Goats League - *CLOSED* Climb 17 - Col d'Azet from the West

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Ride opens for attempts at midnight 22nd April 2019, and closes on Midnight on the 16th June 2019, ride must be completed within that window for it to count otherwise you get the time of the slowest rider plus 5%.

This Pyrenean climb has featured 6 times in le Tour, from the first time in 1997 when Marco Pantani took the KOM points, to the last time in 2014 when Joachim Rodrigues was first over the top. Averaging 6.9% over the 21.73 Km, the steepest sections hit 11.8%, as you make your way up 790m of altitude. The guys at BRVR have been really kind to you lucky people by including a short section of downhill from the crest.

profile.coldazet.png

Post your times in the thread and I'll update the Goats League Spreadsheet

Please include your BRVR User/Display Name to give other riders pacers to chase if they so desire.

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
46:08
Again I used my previous time for a pacer. Was well up at the 3km mark, nearly 3 minutes, but must have fallen asleep after that as by 7km I was only 1 minute 30 seconds up. Fortunately my previous self must have taken a breather at that point as I'd managed to stretch the lead out to over 4 minutes by the time I crested the rise. (pity it doesn't show distance to KOM). Cruised down to the finish as a cool down. Looks like I've lost that form that I'd managed to find earlier this year but looks like @ibooij has found his :okay:

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
So my head is down, headphones are on and I'm in the zone going for it (for me at least... :heat: ). 7 km in, I'm hurting but it's alright and all of a sudden my wife puts her hand on my shoulder and shouts "Dave, I'm trying to talk to you!".

Scared the crap out of me. Just could not get back from there.

55:42 please @Aleman
The ghost you been riding away from wanted a chat :rofl::rofl:

Reactions: djk

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Gonna have to have a go at this later as I've missed a few stages now! My 'penalty' time is 58 mins so I'll set my coach at that time/speed. I may add a few other ghosts too to pace me. I'll be pleased with anything under 58 mins :biggrin: Watch this space ...... :okay:

Reactions: djk

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Gonna have to have a go at this later as I've missed a few stages now! My 'penalty' time is 58 mins so I'll set my coach at that time/speed. I may add a few other ghosts too to pace me. I'll be pleased with anything under 58 mins :biggrin: Watch this space ...... :okay:
@Aleman 51:30 please :okay:

That was hard. Not climbed for about a month so that was a bit of a shock to the system :B) Now I'm no longer focusing on long distances I can go back to doing the odd climb each week :biggrin:

Top Bottom