2020 January Challenge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Here is a relatively easy and short lasting challenge. Something similar helped me kickstart riding much longer distances and got me fit quickly. It makes you go out and do something, regardless of the wind or weather or even whats going on in your life.

The challenge is to ride at least 20km (12.5 miles) every day for 20 consecutive days, starting on 1st January 2020.

You cannot miss a day. If you do, you are out of the challenge. It is not as easy as it sounds 😁

Is anyone up for it?

Last edited:

Sharky

Guru
A good challenge, but not for me.
I tend to use January to build up slowly. Too many bad weather days and it only takes one slip on black ice to ruin a whole year's cycling.
And at my age, I need rest/recovery days!
Good luck to those that take it up.

OP
OP
steveindenmark

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
1 Jan 27km

Only 19 left to go 😁🇩🇰

bluenotebob

Veteran
I'm really surprised that this challenge hasn't attracted more interest.

1st January 2020 Home – Kerminy – la Corbinais – la Ville Jallu – la Cotinaie – Illifaut – Pont Ruelland – St Brieuc-de-Mauron – Home 34.19km

OP
OP
steveindenmark

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I'm really surprised that this challenge hasn't attracted more interest.

1st January 2020 Home – Kerminy – la Corbinais – la Ville Jallu – la Cotinaie – Illifaut – Pont Ruelland – St Brieuc-de-Mauron – Home 34.19km
I only posted it yesterday Bob. We will enjoy doing by ourselves ^_^

OP
OP
steveindenmark

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Steve & Bob - I would like to join you on this challenge but can only cycle on my turbo (Tacx) in Film mode. Not sure if that qualifies. My ride today was
Raid Pyrenees Stage 18 - Hendaye - Part 1 - Spain. Distance: 20.62 km, Elev Gain: 370 m
Sorry, but as its my challenge. If your not out in the wind and rain. It doesnt count.

I accept turbo training is a valuable fitness tool. But its not cycling in the true sense of a cycling challenge IMO. Good for a turbo challenge though. Im laying here in bed and its raining and blowing a gale outside. Part of the 202020 challenge is getting out of bed and getting out in it.

If you have time to do it inside. Why cant you do it outside? Just curious.

Last edited:

avsd

Guru
Steve- agree with your viewpoint and decision. After all it is your challenge. Good luck to you and Bob. I have deleted my original post.

@steveindenmark, I was gonna ask the same question having done 20km on the turbo today. My commute to work is 40miles as a round trip on country roads. At this time of the year, they are often icy (albeit not at the moment....) so I don't want to take the risk. The turbo enables me to keep the miles up (so to speak) and train a bit.

OP
OP
steveindenmark

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
@steveindenmark, I was gonna ask the same question having done 20km on the turbo today. My commute to work is 40miles as a round trip on country roads. At this time of the year, they are often icy (albeit not at the moment....) so I don't want to take the risk. The turbo enables me to keep the miles up (so to speak) and train a bit.
Unfortunately, the answer is still the same. I am hoping the weather does not scupper my attempt. I doubt if it will impede Bobs 😁

Last edited:
Top Bottom