2021 bikes now appearing!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cambsno

Saw some online places have 2021 bikes in stock. Popped into Rutland cycling as their site had Allez in stock - none in store but they are getting me one in this week to test! Looks like they are already selling out quickly though!

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
It's always been the way, "next year's" model generally appears about August onwards, it usually means a colour change to that stripe that runs down the frame, and if you wait long enough, a substantial discount available on "this year's" model. Around October or November is a marvellous time to buy a 2020 bike, you'll get a third off for what is (most often) materially the same machine.

I realise as I say that, that i sound like a grumpy Skipdiver, but actually I'm in both camps here. I bought a TCR discounted by over a third (nearly 400 quid off) a few years back as I couldn't give a toss about what colour stripe it had. On the other hand I also paid full whack for my "next year's model" tourer last October because it came in exactly the colour I'd always dreamed of (orange), where the "current" year was red and a full 300 quid cheaper. So I'm also that guy that has basically paid a huge premium for some paint. 😄

Last edited:
Nowt wrong with being a 'grumpy skipdiver' - some good finds in them there skips.
The bike industry is comical in so many ways, and I'm glad I'm not one for the latest fads or fashions. Always seeing daft stuff on kickstarter too, solutions to problems that don't exist, and for a pretty penny. Anyways, as you get older, you're entitled to be more grumpy :angry:

Drago

Legendary Member
A bit late this year, some manufacturers traditionally get their next model year into the stores as early as May.

Traditionally a good time for bargain hunters seeking this years bike at a knockdown price now the new M/Y has arrived, but with supply and demand as it currently is I wonder if those days are over.

Slick

Guru
I'm another who doesn't mind holding out for a bit of a bargain, in fact, I don't think I've ever paid full price for this years model. I have fou d that Christmas can push the prices back up a bit so I usually wait until January before making any purchase. The down side to that is sometimes sizes can become rare as its usually the largest or the smallest that are left to shift, and you can't afford to dither when you see a bargain. DAMHIKT :sad:

Binka

Über Member
Yeah I got a new bike a few weeks ago and pondered briefly about waiting till Sept/Oct for a bargain and then decided I’d be gutted if the bike I wanted sold out in my size and the possibility was quite high so I paid full price. I’ll be gutted if I like the 2021 colour scheme better though! 😂

Top Bottom