2021 Retro ride cancellations and possibles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Two emails arrived today.

No Retro Ronde in 2021, this usually has a strong UK following so it will be another year before the usual beer and frites fueled cobbled fun,

No Classica de Foix in Catalonia this year either but https://lapedalsdeclip.cat/en/home-2/ is hopeful of taking place, lets see about that.

in other news

mayor of Saumur has set the first weekend of July for Anjou Velo vintage, but no sign yet that it will take place.

No news yet on La Savoureuse,

Meanwhile, the Eroica franchise has an almost full roster of rides, Limburg end June, Germania in August, Hispania in September and Gaiole in October, lets see if the optimism is justified

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
La Savoureuse was missing 2019 and 2020. I will be amazed if it is back this year.

Velo Retro in the South Lakes has been put back to the first weekend in September but is still on.

Keeping an eye on AVV (can't remember - were they rolling entries over from last year?)

Didn't realise how much I'd missed going on these jaunts until I booked up for October's Eroica Gaiole through CCE. After 12 months of fettling and pottering about there'd better be some events somewhere, or I'll have polished or oily-ragged everything down to bare metal! :whistle:

OP
OP
BalkanExpress
La Savoureuse was missing 2019 and 2020. I will be amazed if it is back this year.

I doubt it as well, it is largely funded out of the local tourist promotion budget but with a summer easing of travel restrictions in the balance I'm not sure they will be taking the risk. A pity as it is a very friendly fun ride.

Reactions: mjr
OP
OP
BalkanExpress
Velo Retro in the South Lakes has been put back to the first weekend in September but is still on.

Keeping an eye on AVV (can't remember - were they rolling entries over from last year?)

Didn't realise how much I'd missed going on these jaunts until I booked up for October's Eroica Gaiole through CCE. After 12 months of fettling and pottering about there'd better be some events somewhere, or I'll have polished or oily-ragged everything down to bare metal! :whistle:

Yes, it will be interesting to see what goes ahead and the impact on the overall event, the bike markets, sitting down and having a chat with whoever is around and so on.

On AVV not a peep from the organisers themselves as to whether it will happen, I suspect the mayor was doing some local boosting. On the off-chance I have the Ibis booked but not yet the train: if it is on I'll probably drive down in any case.

Gaiole stands a better chance of being on, later in the years so more people vaccinated, it is large enough and important enough for the region to have the support to make it possible, and they have the experience of running some of the smaller events in 2020. Accomodation, in principle, in place and a back up is booked just in case. Could be a long drive down though.

Could be a long drive down though.
I rather enjoy the road trip, but I'm a glutton for punishment :rolleyes:

I'm planning on driving down again, with room for I guess an extra 4 bikes in the back with just the front wheel off and fixed to my home-made fork clamps, so if anyone needs a hand with transport (or fancies sharing the driving) from the UK to Gaiole, PM me.

Also, the fuller the back is on the way down, the less the opportunity to add more bikes to it on the way back! :whistle:

Attachments

• 1615635727259.png
    1615635727259.png
    407.3 KB · Views: 7
OP
OP
BalkanExpress
I rather enjoy the road trip, but I'm a glutton for punishment :rolleyes:

I'm planning on driving down again, with room for I guess an extra 4 bikes in the back with just the front wheel off and fixed to my home-made fork clamps, so if anyone needs a hand with transport (or fancies sharing the driving) from the UK to Gaiole, PM me.

Also, the fuller the back is on the way down, the less the opportunity to add more bikes to it on the way back! :whistle:

Any excuse to show off (part of) the Bianchi collection:laugh: Just leave an extra hour at Customs to itemize them before you leave, although I assume you have a handle on that from work.

Will we be allowed overseas travel by that point, I wonder? Vaccine passports ahoy!
It's the weekend before Velo Retro in Ulverston as well - could be a lovely late summer, fingers crossed.

Top Bottom