2022 News and spoilers.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Adam4868

Guru
Richard Carapaz is the new Ecuadorian ITT Champion.
What do you mean you didnt even know it was on !
Put it in a new thread as I guess it's not strictly relevant to minor races ? Plus it'll be me posting sh!te so it's easy to avoid if you wanted to 😁

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Richard Carapaz is the new Ecuadorian ITT Champion.
What do you mean you didnt even know it was on !
Put it in a new thread as I guess it's not strictly relevant to minor races ? Plus it'll be me posting sh!te so it's easy to avoid if you wanted to 😁
WTF is he doing in Ecuador????^_^

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
He'll pulled out of Provence due to Covid....think around the 12th Feb.

Billy the kid....definately no symptoms today !

View: https://twitter.com/MachdeportesFM/status/1494733688587833350?t=vJtvaMaUxXRIS9ev-ZIKGw&s=19

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
Covid looks like it could still be a fecking nightmare for racing/riders this season...some thoughts from Van Aert.
Wout van Aert explains how there is lots of fear in peloton for positive tests.

"You don't even have to be sick. One positive test and your entire preparation might be in vain."

Says it's time to let the testing go. "We never got tested for flu or colds either." (1/3)
I know Gaviria tested positive for the third time last week and now Rowe.
Unfortunately @LukeRowe1990 has tested positive for COVID upon arrival in Abu Dhabi. Luke has minor symptoms and will follow the local isolation guidelines. We will start #UAETour with six riders.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
"You don't even have to be sick. One positive test and your entire preparation might be in vain."

Says it's time to let the testing go. "We never got tested for flu or colds either." (1/3)
Maybe they should have been tested for stomach bugs. I seem to recall that ending a few GC campaigns over the years.

I really don't see how letting covid rip through the peloton, soigneurs, mechanics, directors and so on would end well. Worst case, the racers could become seen as a plague fest and denied entry to countries.

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
Maybe they should have been tested for stomach bugs. I seem to recall that ending a few GC campaigns over the years.

I really don't see how letting covid rip through the peloton, soigneurs, mechanics, directors and so on would end well. Worst case, the racers could become seen as a plague fest and denied entry to countries.
Once it opens up to fans and spectators I'm not too sure it'll be that easy to stop.

mjr

Once it opens up to fans and spectators I'm not too sure it'll be that easy to stop.
I doubt the World Tour races will ever be as open as they were, with longer barriered bits on climbs and police throwing errant fans off mountains Guarda-Civil-style, but even if they do, is even the most infectious variant spreadable just by shouting in their face once?

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
I doubt the World Tour races will ever be as open as they were, with longer barriered bits on climbs and police throwing errant fans off mountains Guarda-Civil-style, but even if they do, is even the most infectious variant spreadable just by shouting in their face once?
Im not going to bore everyone about Covid...but if you think we're not going back to spectators shouting in faces of riders I think you'd be better of with the Winter Olympics and Curling maybe ?

mjr

Im not going to bore everyone about Covid...but if you think we're not going back to spectators shouting in faces of riders I think you'd be better of with the Winter Olympics and Curling maybe ?
Well, leaving aside your baseless personal abuse, what are organizers and commissaires saying? Last I heard, UCI were saying 2022 WT under same protocols as 2021 and I've not heard any directors agitating for more risks to be taken, not even Lefevre!

WVA is entitled to his view, but he's got that one wrong by the sounds of it.

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
Well, leaving aside your baseless personal abuse
Oh your thicker skinned than that to take offence from me !
Or are you really a Curling fan if so I'm sorry 🙄
Just to be clear yes he has probally got it wrong.But riders being vaccinated and spectators allowed back it's going to be tough not to have the risk of catching it...as we've seen allready Carapaz,Gaviria,Teuns...and quite a few others who I can't remember.Nobody wants Covid ripping through the Peloton but it's where were at and the season is on.
Hopefully back to some sort of normality.

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
You watching Strade ?

Top Bottom