2024 Races with Spoilers !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Tee hee. Wiebes learns not to celebrate early especially not if Marianne Vos is charging up behind you.

That the second time I can remember Vos nicking a victory like that. She did it in the Giro Rosa a couple of years ago I think.

Edit: Giro Rosa 2019 stage 3 . Vos' victim that time was Lucy Kennedy.

View: https://twitter.com/josh_mackintosh/status/1779485564422529290?t=uCDROYHox1ffZ_8zZz99Sw&s=19

rich p

ridiculous old lush
"I was going to say itā€™s great to win for the second time but that might great some controversy,ā€ Pidock smiled afterwards as he cast mind back to his photo-finish loss against Wout van Aert. ā€œIt feels really good.ā€
Nice quip from Pidders about when he was robbed of the win against WVA!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Crikey.I've now watched the Pidders finish .

if you see the slo-mo from side-on, it's not HUGEly different from the women's finish - arms in the air, with a rider next to him doing a full bike-chuck šŸ«£
I did worry, but he won by over a wheel so he had more to play with.

Vos sneaked up on the left while Wiebes looked over her right shoulder.

If you insist on doing the 'look and celebrate' thing then at least be close enough to the barrier to stop that happening!

Putting arms up after a win may not look as cool as winning with arms up, but absolutely nothing looks as uncool as throwing away a win with arms up too early!!

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I did worry, but he won by over a wheel so he had more to play with.

Vos sneaked up on the left while Wiebes looked over her right shoulder.

If you insist on doing the 'look and celebrate' thing then at least be close enough to the barrier to stop that happening!

Putting arms up after a win may not look as cool as winning with arms up, but absolutely nothing looks as uncool as throwing away a win with arms up too early!!

Just watched it on catch up. I think he knew heā€™d won, but it was a bit twitchy.
Pidcock was the only one of the group who actively tried to win from 5km out. The others were just happy with a sprint finish.
The amazing thing is how close they allowed the chasing group to get. It could easily have been a disaster if they had played cat and mouse for another few seconds.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Just watched it on catch up. I think he knew heā€™d won, but it was a bit twitchy.
Pidcock was the only one of the group who actively tried to win from 5km out. The others were just happy with a sprint finish.
The amazing thing is how close they allowed the chasing group to get. It could easily have been a disaster if they had played cat and mouse for another few seconds.

I think the Quick Step guy (sorry forgotten already) looked over his shoulder and thought "Sod this, fourth is better than nothing, let's go." and led the other three out.

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
Fleche Wallone tommorow and Skelly is the bookies favourite....it's got to be Pidders v Hirschi round 2 hasn't it ?

Also looking forward to Liege on Sunday....Pogis back ! Did MVDP take it easy for this race šŸ˜

Last edited:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Pidders or Hirschi but my money's on Tommy P...
.... except that it isnt. But I can't remember who I bet on! I'll get back to you when I'm sober ^_^

Top Bottom