21 & Last stage

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Will1985

Über Member
Poor Voigt - lost his saddle so he couldn't stay with the peloton and come in with his leader. Any more info about that - carbon seatpost fatigue over the cobbles maybe?

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
I don't know, but you really, really would want to sit down on the last day! Luckily for him it was within the last 3km so he didn't lose any time.

OP
OP
Keith Oates

Keith Oates

Janner
Well most of the top sprint names were at the front coming home, so that's it for another year when the speculatilon will start all over again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Evans will still be the favourite next year.

I thought it was a good tour. The result could have gone three ways, Sastre, Menchov and Schleck attacked and were not afraid to fail, (Menchov was unlucky), and the sprints were shared out. Schumacher was really entertaining, Valverde didn't give up, even when he was well beaten, and a couple of the downhill finishes were really, really exciting to watch.

Haitch

Flim Flormally
What's the probability of Evans retiring at the end of the season?

Haitch

Flim Flormally
Flying_Monkey said:
I don't think there has been indication of that possibility...

No, but he's 32, not likely to win anything, doesn't have a team that can support him, is not particularly popular or media savvy and has a narky personality.

Expect Zabel to retire on the same day and steal all the headlines.

kennykool

Forgot all about Basso Tete - will he return to competative cycling after his 2 year ban??

I have to go for Contador next year (If invited) wahct him win Vuelta in September.....He's gonna dominate for years

Still gutted he wasn't at this years Tour.

As for Silence Lotto - if Evans wants any chance of winning the Tour he needs to get a new team for next year!!!

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
kennykool said:
As for Silence Lotto - if Evans wants any chance of winning the Tour he needs to get a new team for next year!!!

That's for sure - Popovych was supposed to be the bid signing that would ensure his success in the mountains. That didn't seem to work too well...

OP
OP
Keith Oates

Keith Oates

Janner
In fact Popovych was being touted as the man to take over from Lance Armstrong in the Disco team a few years back. However it seems he is another good rider that couldn't make the final step to being a top rider!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mondobongo

Über Member
Robbie has beaten Evans as he has announced he is leaving Lotto at end of the year, lack of support in this years tour will have been the deciding factor I imagine.

Top Bottom