21st century home brewing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lee_M

Guru
Has anyone used or got one of these? It was on an advert during the tour coverage, they clearly have theior target audience bang on!

I wondered how it comes out before I take the plunge.

https://thegreatergood.co.uk/

10 pints does seem more manageable than the 40 pint crap with 2 tons of sugar we used to make!

Well it would be better than the old kits, but it's an expensive way to make homebrew, and I believe you're restricted to their supplies.

If you just want to dabble I have heard good reports about the beer if you give it time, but it's still really just a more prescriptive way of making kits.

There are lots of all in one systems now to choose from if you want higher quality, and no one says you have to make 40 pints at a go, although if you're kegging (as I do), then making 40 is no harder than making 10.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Has anyone used or got one of these? It was on an advert during the tour coverage, they clearly have theior target audience bang on!

10 pints does seem more manageable than the 40 pint crap with 2 tons of sugar we used to make!

I mentioned it in another thread (here https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/home-brewing-round-2.262123/post-6329162) and the response was lukewarm.

I really like the design and appearance of it, plus I’m not a heavy hitter on beer quantities so it would suit me fine at 10 pints.

stephec

Legendary Member

I was tempted but it's a bit to lay out on what might be an expensive ornament.

'What happens if you don't like it? ' I thought, so I contacted them and this was the reply.
I emailed Pinter last Sunday about any kind of satisfaction/money back guarantee, and got this back about half an hour ago -

Thank you for getting in touch. I'm very sorry for the delay in getting back to you, we've been much busier than usual and are currently hiring to keep up with demand.

We don't offer a money back guarantee but our customer service team are happy to help and advise you on how to get excellent results from your Pinter. Our returns policy is as follows:

If you decide to return something to us, you will need to email in to hello@thegreatergood.co.uk with details of your return within 14 days of receiving the product. After this return has been authorised, you have an additional 14 days to return the product to us for a refund. The Pinter/Pinter Pack will need to be in an unused condition and still in the original packaging. We strongly recommend you get proof of postage.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

OP
OP
C

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
I really like the design and appearance of it, plus I’m not a heavy hitter on beer quantities so it would suit me fine at 10 pints.

That was my thought too. I will take ages to drink 40 pints, so the 10 pint thing seems like a much nicer quantity.

I may click 'Buy' and feedback how it goes. I have got a student son who will gladly take it off my hands if it doesn't work out I am sure ^_^

T4tomo

Legendary Member
At £1.50 a pint, it doesnt seem to be much cheaper than supermarket cans?

OP
OP
C

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
Heck yes! I thought home brew was supposed to work out about 40 to 50 pence a pint.🤔 85 quid to make beer you can buy for the same price in supermarkets seems a bit daft...to me.🧐

You are thinking of buying a wig in another thread, wouldn't it be cheaper to grow your own?

cheys03

Veteran
Not for me. Far too costly, about 3 times the cost of decent all-malt kits which for me personally are the right balance of decent beer vs cost and time. 10-pints supply easily drunk faster than it brews and I’d hate to be tied to one supplier.

Top Bottom