23 Inch Wheels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Anyone else come across these?

The two examples I've come across have tyres over 2 Inches in diameter. Search for them turns up no match.

....I have 24" rear wheels on my 'bents, but have never encountered 23". Is it a motorcycle size perhaps?....

I had a look on the cateye tripmeter website page and there was nothing under 23 inch directly which got me thinking.... its not a good sign when cateye don't have an entry on its page for cycle computers... so that leaves metric measurements and that initially gave nothing away until I started to think more laterally. 23 inch is 58.4 cm which happens to be 650c...

and low and behold I have 2 entries on the cateye website for cycle computers for 650c that meet your requirements.

Untitled.jpg

So can I suggest you look up 40-584 or 650 x38B as your tyre requirement, whilst not quite 2 inches in width, it is the closest I can find.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Always best to go by the ETRTO size - that's the 40-584 type of description.
There's at least 3 different 16 inch sizes, frinstance, none of which is comparable with the others...

OP
OP
classic33

classic33

Leg End Member
The rickshaw used 23 inch tyres on the back which were a moped size if that's of any use.
They were seen on something similar, only this was an advertising trike. 23 x 2.50. They looked a bit stronger than most of the 24 inch rims I've seen & that might be why.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
They were seen on something similar, only this was an advertising trike. 23 x 2.50. They looked a bit stronger than most of the 24 inch rims I've seen & that might be why.
That sounds about right. The Maximus wheels were motorcycle spec rims and spokes to cope with the load and Maxpro use the same. Both have had an advertising trike in their range.

These were the tyres mine was fitted with (they now list them as 19 inch as this is the ETRTO size but they used to be called 23 inch): http://www.schwalbe.com/en/scooter-reader/hs-231.html

The front wheel incidentally was a 48 spoke BMX wheel again with a scooter tyre: http://www.schwalbe.com/en/scooter-reader/hs-241.html

OP
OP
classic33

classic33

Leg End Member
Had a look at the second trike and got this of the rim < [ - DOT30.5X19(1.2 X 19) ], 23 X 2.50 on the rear tyres and 23 X 1.75 on the front. Also on the front 47 - 507 which gives a 24 inch tyre. But they're smaller than a 24 inch tyre borrowed from a shop.

Top Bottom