23 times

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mr Mag00

rising member
i have drink ready to spit over keyboard with incredulity

That was nice of you Johnny!;) I'm sure the Bianchi one will be really pleased when he see's how thoughtful you were to bump something he was hoping would disappear..

I would love to tell the whole sorry tale but I just can't - he's got too much dirt on me..:girl:
We'll just have to wait..

Lisa21

Mooching.............
johnnyh said:
I see this topic is dropping off the page, best give it a gentle bump back to the top lest it should get forgotten :tongue:

+1 I think;)

C'mon BB.......your not getting away with this one.....................:wacko:;)

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
[Whisper]Apart from anything there is absolutely nobody even reading this thread - so even if you spill the beans there will be nobody to laugh :wacko:(you know tree falls in the empty woods senario). [/Whisper]

OP
OP
BigonaBianchi

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
Ok well it's time to confess...

I broke a spoke the other day on celeste (my bianchi)..so I took her into the LBS for a new spoke and true up. I was without a bike for two days..so when I got her back I was so pleased I jus tjumped on and headed out on the open highway so to speak...then my rear wheel deflated and it was at that moment I suddenly knew that my saddlebag was sitting in the flat..complete with spare tube, levers etc...yep i had taken it off to go into the LBS and forgot to put it back on before the ride. So i faced a long walk backxx(...but was entertained en route to ease my suffering:laugh::rofl:

...I managed to get international rescue to pick me and the bike up eventually:thumbsup:..and all seemed well as I fixed the tube back at the flat.

Next morning I headed out again...just half a mile into th eride the same thing happened...so I walked back againxx(

I fixed the tube again...made sure all was well and talc'd it all loads etc

The LBS was by now of course shut for the day:evil:

So I drove down to another not so local shop and bought 5 spesh inner tubes with short valves cos my track pump was refusing the long vlaves...

..I headed off and instantly blew out the tube again..xx(xx(xx(xx(xx(xx(...so i fitted a new spesh tube...the track pump wouldnt lock on because the vlaves were to short (WTF!!!)....so i replaced with old patched up tube...and headed off again.

This time all was well for about 4 miles...then bam...deflation...so by now I know it will make no difference to repalce with another tube 'cos whatever is causing this is still in there and I cant find it...another long walk back followedxx(xx(xx(.

So I went over the rim with a toothcomb and there was the smallest of kinks in the rim tape att he point of puncture..so have sanded it down and smoothed well..then talcd tube, inner rim and tyre...as well as the entire garage floor:ohmy::laugh:

Confident all was well I re fitted the wheel and ...nope it just wouldnt inflate...but thankfully the walk from the garage to the flat wasnt to onerous this time:biggrin:

...so am debating taking up roller skating as suggested by one helpful Cyclist:laugh::biggrin:

...we've all done it right...please say we have...it's not just me right?...BTW anybody have a link to SHELL, BOMB AND BULLET PROOF TUBES???:biggrin::laugh:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
[shut your eyes boab] :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: [/shut your eyes boab] Poor you... I doubt anyone will find that funny at all...:evil:

I assume that's your entire year's quota all used up?

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Hmm... I think you should try and appease the fairy ... I think cookies or alcohol would do ... I know of a forwarding address you could send it too... I think money would even work:biggrin:.

Top Bottom