25mph/40kmph

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

col

Legendary Member
wlc1 said:
It is obviously alot more complex than above BTW. Don't go assuming I'm a cardiologist. :rolleyes:

My heart rate went to 190 just out of the blue at work as luck would have it,it was a very warm day like a sauna on the ward,and we were very busy and i became aware of it,so just asked a colleague to check my pulse,two minutes later the doc was putting a venflon in my arm and the ecg was getting stuck all over me.then down to a and e,where they told me they would be injecting something that disrupts the hearts rhythm to get it back to normal,after three tries if it doesnt do it,the paddles on the chest are next,so you can imagine how i was feeling.Anyway all tests came back normal,its never happened as far as im aware before and there are no history of anything in the family,a one off it seems,but for a few days i was scared to exert incase my heart rate went up and didnt come down again,daft i know,but fear is a strange thing:biggrin:

wlc1

Thats either a wide or narrow complex tachycardia - also known as SVT - super ventricular tachycardia ( called so due to where the problem originates from).

Cannulating someone is normal - as the best drugs are IV... probably gave you adenosine.

Worry not Col - if it happens again they may refer you. I've been refered for a sudden tachycardia and hypertension ( I'm 30). and all ok.

It is not uncommon to just happen to males ? cause.

Hope that helps

col

Legendary Member
wlc1 said:
Thats either a wide or narrow complex tachycardia - also known as SVT - super ventricular tachycardia ( called so due to where the problem originates from).

Cannulating someone is normal - as the best drugs are IV... probably gave you adenosine.

Worry not Col - if it happens again they may refer you. I've been refered for a sudden tachycardia and hypertension ( I'm 30). and all ok.

It is not uncommon to just happen to males ? cause.

Hope that helps

It does help thanks:biggrin:

wlc1

The main problem with tachycardia's is that your heart can get tired going at that pace for a long time. We are talking hours.

Then muscle damage can occur which is why they like to get the drugs in quickly. The paddles on the chest are called external pacing ( the drugs route is obviously being paced with drugs) and is bloody exciting to watch.

Dr's would actually stop your heart on purpose, and then it would start again on it's own from those intrinsic electrical impulses. When it "restarts" it's back in NSR - normal sinus ryhtham.

It's all very clever stuff and pre hospitally is where's it's at. Love it. ( can you tell, sorry I must sound so boring so I'll shut up).

;)

col

Legendary Member
I agree about it being exciting to watch,but not from the end i was at ;)May i ask what you do? you know your stuff.

Sorry for hijacking the thread,:blush:my last question.

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

wlc1 said:
The main problem with tachycardia's is that your heart can get tired going at that pace for a long time. We are talking hours.

Then muscle damage can occur which is why they like to get the drugs in quickly. The paddles on the chest are called external pacing ( the drugs route is obviously being paced with drugs) and is bloody exciting to watch.

Dr's would actually stop your heart on purpose, and then it would start again on it's own from those intrinsic electrical impulses. When it "restarts" it's back in NSR - normal sinus ryhtham.

It's all very clever stuff and pre hospitally is where's it's at. Love it. ( can you tell, sorry I must sound so boring so I'll shut up).

:biggrin:

;)

No seriously; that'is pretty serious stuff man...

I recall when i was getting back into the chainy and i'd have to lay off as the ticker was all over the place i'd feel like i'd consign myself to history if i did carry on so i took the smart way out - let face it i still got a ride just not with everyone else.

And exercise is a massive deal to me and obviously to everyone else bodies.

So, as much as you can do the deed exercise wise - then you've gotta rest too as much as possible, if possible.

:evil:

TO BE REALLY GOOD AT CYCLING or anything even YOUR TALKING YEARS TO SORT THESE THINGS OUT build them up NOT MONTHS... !

col

Legendary Member
wlc1 said:
I'm a paramedic

A lot of hard work and a lot of years to get there,nice one:biggrin:

col

Legendary Member
yenrod said:
:wacko:

No seriously; that'is pretty serious stuff man...

I recall when i was getting back into the chainy and i'd have to lay off as the ticker was all over the place i'd feel like i'd consign myself to history if i did carry on so i took the smart way out - let face it i still got a ride just not with everyone else.

And exercise is a massive deal to me and obviously to everyone else bodies.

So, as much as you can do the deed exercise wise - then you've gotta rest too as much as possible, if possible.

:becool:

TO BE REALLY GOOD AT CYCLING or anything even YOUR TALKING YEARS TO SORT THESE THINGS OUT build them up NOT MONTHS... !

Good advice yenrod cheers:smile:

Top Bottom