26 inch tires

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My old mountain bike came and it has 26 x 1.90 tires so I bought a pair of Schwalbe City Jet Bike Tyre - 26" x 1.5"
But when I tried to fit one and got too getting the last section of tire on it was miles out and dead tight. Are they meant too be that tight and is it a case of using a big flat head screw driver or some thing as the little tire levers I have wont get near it. Or have I got the wrong tires. The rims do seem quite narrow. The bike is a saracen powertrax with a 7005 frame

I but a pair of those on my daughters bike a few weeks ago and they were bleeding tight, had to use levers which I don't normally need.

PpPete

Legendary Member
Take a look at this video.

View: http://www.youtube.com/user/SpaCycles#p/a/u/0/-XUFVrl0UT4

If you still need a tyre lever - don't use a screwdriver, you'll almost certainly puncture the inner tube.
Don't bother with cheapo plastic tyre levers either.

Get good quality tyre levers like Park Tools.

If still struggling there are things like VAR levers that give you extra leverage, but I've never had to use one, and I've fitted some real b*stewards in my time.

OP
OP
captainhastings
Thanks every one I watched pppetes link and went out and put them both straight on with out levers I was amazed last night I couldn't even get close.
Great tip about pushing the wire bead in and working it round to ease the tightness off worked a charm

on another note shame they don't do them tires in 700c

Top Bottom