26inch wheels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I read there are folding bikes with 26 wheels .

A bike with 26 wheels?
26? Are you sure?
Wouldn't that be a double dodecacycle with a bicycle add-on? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Last edited:
I have a Dahon Cadenze 8. As an urban utility bike it is really good but a bit heavy.
The folding mechanism results in a big folded size. I have put it in a car boot a couple of times. For home storage, a flat pack is more useful than the more cubic form of this fold. For air travel, you need to provide a lot of protection for the folded bike.
I didnt get it for the fold

Kell

Veteran
It depends what you mean by 'decent'.

I had (in order) a Rabbit.de bike - which went under a van.

A Dahon Matrix 2009 - which snapped.

A Dahon Matrix 2008 - which snapped.

I have to point out that the Dahons had a max rider (and presumably baggage) limit of 95kgs. Which I didn't find out till they snapped. Even without that, I wouldn't say they were trouble free.

But the good thing about the Dahons over and above either the Airnimal or Montague is that you don't have to remove the front wheel to fold it. Which I guess is fine if you're removing it for storage, but not much fun if you're having to do it in a rush on a cold, wet February morning to get it on a train.

There are other clones of the Dahons though. At one point I was looking at a Bickerton Docklands, but it doesn't look like they're still available.

https://www.bickertonportables.co.uk/bikes/docklands/

Last edited:
I got a 26” folding mtb for one of the kids to learn on. It works as described and means I can fit all their bikes in my car. It’s mainly for park rides so far. Think the well known high street catalog shop flogs them

Top Bottom