27.5 (650B) Tyres?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Moss

I have a Giant hard tail with rockshox 30, forks - disc brakes and schwalbe Rapid Rob 27.5 , 2.25 tyres. I find them a bit too grippy for my riding needs. I'm looking for a tyre with less grip and narrower, maybe 27.5 , 2.0 or less? Can anyone suggest a tyre suitable for my needs? I looked at the Maxxis Crossmark 27.5, 2.01. Anyone use them? Your thoughts and help appreciated

Angry Blonde

Über Member
http://www.cyclechat.net/threads/27-5-mtb-slicks-anywhere.165011/#post-3278244

I asked the same thing yesterday mate, some good advice in here mate

jackhandy

If what you're after is a compromise between knobblies and slicks, Schwalbe smart sam , or ss+, work well.
I use them on my trekking bike & they give decent grip on the trails, whilst rolling nicely on the road, due to the tight centre pattern.

Not many places list them in your size _ try Tyres direct.

mrbikerboy73

Über Member
I had Schwalbe Racing Ralph's on my Giant Anthem and replaced them as I found they offered not a huge amount of grip on anything other than dry hard pack. That said, they are meant to be a fast rolling XC tyre, which they did very well. They are very light but too thin for the flinty South Downs where I ride regularly so that was another reason to replace them. They are 27.5 x 2.25 and have covered about 100 miles. I still have them if you are interested.

OP
OP
M

Moss

I had Schwalbe Racing Ralph's on my Giant Anthem and replaced them as I found they offered not a huge amount of grip on anything other than dry hard pack. That said, they are meant to be a fast rolling XC tyre, which they did very well. They are very light but too thin for the flinty South Downs where I ride regularly so that was another reason to replace them. They are 27.5 x 2.25 and have covered about 100 miles. I still have them if you are interested.

Thanks for the offer, but the tyres I have are 27.5 2.25. Looking to go down to at least 27.5. 2.00

Top Bottom