1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

27" wheels

Discussion in 'Exchange / Free' started by Maggot, 26 Nov 2007.

1. Maggot

Maggot Star of BBC 5Lives Ballot Box Brigade

Just in case you don't look in classifieds! They are going to the tip on wednesday!!!

I have a pair of 27" wheels looking to be re-homed. They are round, true and er, not new

I don't want them anymore, so if you want them they are yours for the p&p. Unless you live between Bristol and Penzance, in which case I could drop them off

2. John the Monkey

John the Monkey Frivolous Cyclist

Maggot, I'm sure someone (either here, or on BR) was looking for a set - might be worth a quick forum search....

3. Speicher

Speicher Vice Admiral Staff Member

Here in Worcestershire, there is an organisation connected with the County Council that recycles cycles. and also uses spares etc.

As you mention Bristol and Penzance as possible dropping off points, I am not sure where you live. Under a search for "recycling bicycles" I found that Bath and North East Somerset Council, and North Dorset Council both have similar schemes for saving bicycles. There is also www.bristolcyclingcampaign.org.uk.

It might be worth you contacting your local council to see if they are doing something similar. I hope this is useful to you.

4. Dave5N

Dave5N Über Member

What size are they and are they in reasonable nick?

I have been looking for a pair but don't want to pay postage and waste your time if they aren't any good for the bike they are intended for.