2nd winter help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

400bhp

Guru
On threads like this they should ahve those word clouds which show words in larger fonr the more they have been written.

layers

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Two winters using my Altura Night Vision winter gloves - I'd recommend them very highly for keeping the hands warm!

Otherwise I go all winter long with my bib-longs (Wiggle & PBK), my Polaris Silicon tops, my reflective/HiViz waistcoat and my overshoes to give my feet that extra layer of protection. On my head I either wear a Buff or a fleecy skullcap beneath my helmet.

During the coldest days of our harsh winter at the start of the year, I put my Haglofs wicking T-shirt on under my Silicon top as an extra layer.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Two winters using my Altura Night Vision winter gloves - I'd recommend them very highly for keeping the hands warm!

Otherwise I go all winter long with my bib-longs (Wiggle & PBK), my Polaris Silicon tops, my reflective/HiViz waistcoat and my overshoes to give my feet that extra layer of protection. On my head I either wear a Buff or a fleecy skullcap beneath my helmet.

During the coldest days of our harsh winter at the start of the year, I put my Haglofs wicking T-shirt on under my Silicon top as an extra layer.

Yup, very good gloves. Will have to dig them out soon.. now where the fick did I bloody put them?

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I cant comment on socks + gloves as i have cold hands and feet anyway so i struggle, as for layers i use the aldi compression long sleeve tops and i find with a SS top + windproof i am plenty warm enough .

For the legs i stick a pair on ron hill bikesters over my shorts and i am toasty.

Gloves ..
I use some altura neoprene gloves but this winter i will be looking to grab some aldi winter gloves as my last pair got stolen and they were good .

For shoes i have the Lild MTB shoes that i can get a thin pair + a thermal pair of socks on , add a pair of neoprene overshoes and it is ok.

On my head i wear a buff as i have found the skull caps to sweaty.

Last winter when it was really cold i wore 2 of the compression layers and added some leg warmers and aprt from my hands and feet i was good down to around - 10.

pshore

+1 for layers.

Look after your core too, sometimes you just have to block out the cold wind to keep your chest warm.

Getting cold can weaken your immune system I discovered last year. A good breathable wind proof (or maybe a gillet) is very necessary to maintain health through winter. Sometimes you can take MTFU a bit too far.

Curb

Veteran
www.cycle-clothing.co.uk have some decent stuff at reasonable prices

Or Decathlon - I got some really good winter MTB gloves a few years ago. They have these this year http://www.decathlon...id_8152647.html

My preferred retailer also have some good deals on 2011 gear - jackets, jerseys http://www.bikesyoul...thing_Clearance

I buy running gear (nike) as baselayers, frankly cheaper and better made than Endura IMO

Thanks for the link, bought the polaris scandium jacket half-price at £50 last night :becool:.

Top Bottom