3,4,5 day tour, dont know what to do...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

B-B-BikeyStrike!

I've got a week off next week, yay! I want to go cycling for a few days, but I'm not sure where.

I + my road bike fancy some hill action in Wales maybe? Maybe goto a mountain bike hire centre for a day and go mountain biking?

I'm rubbish at planning this kind of thing, can anyone suggest something and give me a few pointers? I'll be taking the train. The last time I did anything like this was going to North Norfolk for 3 days, that was great, but too short.

Thanks

happy_sloth_postage-p172814978561225771anr4u_400.jpg

upsidedown

Waiting for the great leap forward
I recently got the train to Aberystwyth (very easy and cheap) and rode back to Birmingham in an easy 3 days.
Start off on the very pleasant Ystwyth trail.
Plenty of hills if you come over the mountain road in the Cambrian mountains, then into the Elan valley to Rhayader and into the Shropshire hills. Guess you could then go to Worcestershire via Ludlow and head for the Chilterns and maybe end up in Oxford for the train back to London. ?

Probably about 200ish miles all in which is very doable in a 3 - 5 day ride.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Lon las cymru. I did the Northern bit of it in 2.5 days. I don't plan much either beyond making my bike reservations on the train and making sure I've got my tools and spare tubes. Whole route is covered by 2 Sustrans maps.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Don't plan. Take a train to the outskirts of London (say Rickmansworth or Windsor), buy a map and start riding vaguely north-westwards, sticking to roads that look interesting. When you get tired, stop and find a hotel or a B&B.

You'll get to Wales in a couple of days and to the coast in three or four.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
palinurus said:
Lon las cymru. I did the Northern bit of it in 2.5 days. I don't plan much either beyond making my bike reservations on the train and making sure I've got my tools and spare tubes. Whole route is covered by 2 Sustrans maps.

The difficulty for the origianl; poster might be getting his hands on the maps in time. He's on holiday next week. Sustrans are far from speedy in delivering their wares.

Top Bottom