3/4 bib knickers choose me £60-£120 budget?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Adam4868

Guru
I've had the Galibier 3/4 from 5 or 6 years ago.Used to wear a lot and decent quality comfort.Rarely wear anything but shorts nowadays.Not been out of shorts this year yet 😁
Great company Galibier,nothing too much trouble.Free crash repair etc.

Chap sur le velo

Über Member
Very interesting...

I much prefer shorts but once temp drops below 12 degrees I get the tights out.

I do find tights restrictive, particularly around calves, so would like ot know..
Roughly how cold would you ride 3/4's down to? Do they feel much "Freer" than tights?

With 3 pairs of shorts and 2 of tights I do need persuading...

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
Very interesting...

I much prefer shorts but once temp drops below 12 degrees I get the tights out.

I do find tights restrictive, particularly around calves, so would like ot know..
Roughly how cold would you ride 3/4's down to? Do they feel much "Freer" than tights?

With 3 pairs of shorts and 2 of tights I do need persuading...
You need to try before you die.
I’ll never use leg warmers too much faffing around I’ll use arm warmers which are smaller & easier to put away.

vickster

Legendary Member
You need to try before you die.
I’ll never use leg warmers too much faffing around I’ll use arm warmers which are smaller & easier to put away.
If it’s cold enough for 3/4 why would you want to take the leg warmers off?

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
If it’s cold enough for 3/4 why would you want to take the leg warmers off?
I will never own leg warmers. Either longs in deep winter 3/4’s Autumn spring. Shorts summer. I’m not stripping things on & off unless there’s a team car following. Did I ever mention I can’t stand the thought of leg warmers before? :smile:

vickster

Legendary Member
I will never own leg warmers. Either longs in deep winter 3/4’s Autumn spring. Shorts summer. I’m not stripping things on & off unless there’s a team car following. Did I ever mention I can’t stand the thought of leg warmers before? :smile:
Not that I’m aware of before the post I replied to :hello:

I've had the Galibier 3/4 from 5 or 6 years ago.Used to wear a lot and decent quality comfort.Rarely wear anything but shorts nowadays.Not been out of shorts this year yet 😁
Great company Galibier,nothing too much trouble.Free crash repair etc.
How are your knees and will they thank you for this in years to come ?
1 degree and fog all ride today and still passed people in shorts.

Adam4868

Guru
How are your knees and will they thank you for this in years to come ?
1 degree and fog all ride today and still passed people in shorts.
You could be right....work outside everyday in shorts so I guess I sort of get used to it.Saying that my cycling has suffered this year.Not done too many long rides due to work,probably take knee warmers with me if I did.

Venod

Eh up
I have a pair of Assos 3/4 with a very good pad, I got them at York Rally for a good discounted price when they did retail sales, so a while ago, not sure I would pay full price for them when there are cheaper good alternatives, but if discounted I would buy again.

T4tomo

Guru
I spend my money on decent bib-shorts, I have both leg and knee warmers (neither of which I have ever removed mid ride to warrant a following team car :laugh:). I use the knee warmers a lot. But if its really cold the best thing is a par of relatively cheap unpadded "Roubaix" fabric tights to go over the top of bib shorts, as they keep your nether regions warm, which leg warmers don't. The have a zip back leg so can be rolled up to 3/4 length is desired.

Le Col sales are good, you do get genuine 1/2 price and then they make sense / VFM. Excellent pad in them that suits my backside. Before Prendas stopped doing full clothing range Santini Gel pad range were my go to.

Top Bottom