3 cities challenge london amsterdam brussels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Im signed up to this challenge May 28th to June 1st. Cycling a total of 340 miles in 4 days, I must be crazy. Anyway, has anyone did this challenge before?I'm looking for some advice about speeds, routes etc. The organisers have an info day, however I'm trying to plan ahead, also i cant attend it anyway. I cant really find much info on the net from people who have completed it. Any advice would be much appreciated.

OP
OP
N

Nicola10

2934589 said:
How far do you comfortably ride in a day now?
About 40 miles just now averaging about 14 mph. I think im way too slow, and dont seem to be able to pick up anymore speed, maybe the better weather will help me as i feel like this wind, rain and cold feet are really holding me back

Stockie

Ticking the boxes
Hi Nicola. I did this last sept and it's a great ride. You will be fine if u average 14mph. Roads a very flat but wind can be a bit hard sometimes if in face. Very well routed on great cycle routes. Locals are lovely and cars are no problem. We followed route markers which were numbered. Just remember to take plenty of money for last night in Brussels the beer is brill. What company are u going with?

OP
OP
N

Nicola10

Hi Nicola. I did this last sept and it's a great ride. You will be fine if u average 14mph. Roads a very flat but wind can be a bit hard sometimes if in face. Very well routed on great cycle routes. Locals are lovely and cars are no problem. We followed route markers which were numbered. Just remember to take plenty of money for last night in Brussels the beer is brill. What company are u going with?
Hi Stockie
I'm going with skyline overseas. If it's an average of 14mph I should be fine, I've been doing plenty spin classes to boost my fitness and strengthen my legs, need to get out on the bike more!

Top Bottom