3 day epic - Coed Brenin, BPW, Snowdon and Antur

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ciar

Veteran
Will probably do Afan if we have another trip down Wales but its at least 12-18 months away yet.

I have only been once, but we spent friday to sunday riding most of Afan and the weather was amazing, then the monday hit BPW and it pissed down ;-) which was nice as we rode the beast hah, lets just say i made it up did a blue down on my HT and called it a day, my legs were battered.

defo want to revisit Wales again loved riding there.

OP
OP
Jody

Jody

Stubborn git
I have only been once, but we spent friday to sunday riding most of Afan and the weather was amazing, then the monday hit BPW and it pissed down ;-) which was nice as we rode the beast hah, lets just say i made it up did a blue down on my HT and called it a day, my legs were battered.

defo want to revisit Wales again loved riding there.

We dropped really lucky on the weather, especially being in Wales. Not a drop of rain apart from a quick shower overnight Friday before we went to Degla again. The trails at BPW and Degla were bone dry and running fast. We pre booked the uplift so managed to get about 8 or 9 runs in the day at BPW. Well worth it if you are driving a long way to get there or want to make the most of the day. 8000ft of climbing and not out of breath :laugh:

My partner asked me if it lived up to expectations and i can safely say it exceeded them. Wales is very much like the peak district but on steroids.

Ciar

Veteran
We dropped really lucky on the weather, especially being in Wales. Not a drop of rain apart from a quick shower overnight Friday before we went to Degla again. The trails at BPW and Degla were bone dry and running fast. We pre booked the uplift so managed to get about 8 or 9 runs in the day at BPW. Well worth it if you are driving a long way to get there or want to make the most of the day. 8000ft of climbing and not out of breath :laugh:

My partner asked me if it lived up to expectations and i can safely say it exceeded them. Wales is very much like the peak district but on steroids.

Yes i need to revisit my problem is i ride mostly with one friend, we both have young kids so finding the time is hard, as we have Epping up the road we generally hit that most weekends, but it's not the same :smile: i am no working on holidaying in places i can MTB as long as the wife doesn't mind!

definitely going to go back though, as i rode it all last time on my XC HT and want to take the new baby up there.

OP
OP
Jody

Jody

Stubborn git
Same here. We have a 3 year old and her indoors is expecting in January, so wont be having any more major rides for at least another year or so. Wales is definitely on the hit list after the next baby gets settled in.

Our rides tend to be sub 3 hours and local whenever they can be fitted in. Luckily I have a good choice of local trails less then 15 mins ride away, with more adventurous stuff within a half an hour drive (wharncliffe, grenoside, parkwood springs, bolehills) as well as some good local pump/BMX tracks.

Ciar

Veteran
Same here. We have a 3 year old and her indoors is expecting in January, so wont be having any more major rides for at least another year or so. Wales is definitely on the hit list after the next baby gets settled in.

Our rides tend to be sub 3 hours and local whenever they can be fitted in. Luckily I have a good choice of local trails less then 15 mins ride away, with more adventurous stuff within a half an hour drive (wharncliffe, grenoside, parkwood springs, bolehills) as well as some good local pump/BMX tracks.

that's very nice, i don' have that much mostly XC type stuff but it breaks up the monotony of commuting :smile:

i have a 4yr old and another about to turn 1 so busy, i wish my wife could ride and as much as i try to convince it's not worked yet! just need to get her on the bike once and i reckon i will be laughing, already have my 4 yr old riding and hoping she keeps it up.

Top Bottom