3 gears, or 2 gears??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well i've heard it'll cost around £60 if I got to cycleworld (or something named like that) and they'll sort my bike out to suit me perfectly, taking into account, height weight ect...

£60 seems very cheap. Just check what they are doing for that. If you wanted to go triple, then I would have though that involved a new bottom bracket or at least a new axle, new front lever and a new triple chainset, plus labour. That will come to a lot more than £60.

OP
OP
Thompson

Thompson

I'll go and see them, see what they think and what they will do, check the price etc I wouldn't do anything to my bike till i've checked it out :biggrin:

Mcshrooms suggestion is good. A larger block on the back will give you lower gears but the disadvantage is the wider gaps between each gear when you change. This may be a disadvantage to you if you do end up racing, depends really how you ride now. If you constantly change and tune your gear for the terrain you might not like wider ratios.

I say might because it becomes a very personal choice. If you are not going to use those low gears often then a slightly wider block might do you, say a 28 instead of a 25. If you are but like the closer ratios of your nine speed then keep the same block and change the front to a triple but it will be expensive.

Top Bottom