3 p***tures 3 lessons

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

brickisred

Yesterday had 3 p***tures and learnt 3 lessons (that I should already know!) - have spare inner tubes, make sure repair kit glue hasn't dried up, check tyre for embedded glass!

At least it was only a couple of miles to the nearest bike shop!

On a side note I have noticed, since the better weather and lighter nights, a lot more broken glass on my route. Maybe need to look into some marathons!

I have been enjoying the new bike the last few weeks though, clocked up a few hundred miles commuting and weekend rides, great fun.

wanda2010

Guru
Good points. Not had one of 'those' in a while but I do have a kit I've not checked is fully stocked. Must do that over the weekend. Fortunately my commute route is well supplied with bike shops.

Dilbert

I managed to snap the tops of both my spare tubes last night, ended up getting rescued by the Mrs. :biggrin: Still getting the hang of these Presta things.

Lozatron

I've had 2 of those things on my rear tyre now - at what point do I need to replace the tyre? It's a slick (an ultra gator skin) and so there's no tread to tell me it's worn down...

Tynan

Veteran
that dried up glue is a killer, strikes when you least expect it

add to that my most recent attack of 'old' patches, at least you know the glue is dried up

carry two (patched) tubes now, sure nuff, no more flats

potsy said:
Glueless patches are the future:smile:

Im going to try the greentyre on the charge plug B)

I bet you aint got a firkin clue what I am talking about.:blush:

Tynan

Veteran
I had some in the bag as spares the day the old patches struck, in the freezing cold and rain and dark

the glueles patches were utterly useless, I tried them later on in the kitchen in the light and warm on a tube that had been washd and dried, they worked well enough them, although they were delicate, no interest in them from here I'm afriad

I thought hack rode a old clunker slowly, suddenly it's a fixie with a cam?

potsy

Rambler
Tynan said:
I had some in the bag as spares the day the old patches struck, in the freezing cold and rain and dark

the glueles patches were utterly useless, I tried them later on in the kitchen in the light and warm on a tube that had been washd and dried, they worked well enough them, although they were delicate, no interest in them from here I'm afriad

Mid-life crisis?:blush:

al78

Guru
Lesson 4: check tyre pressures regularly.

I hit a pothole just before Easter just hard enough to cause a pinch flat. I had forgotten to check the tyre pressure for a while and it turned out the pressure was down to almost 70 psi. Now ensure I check tyre pressure once a week.

Tynan said:
I

Nah not yet...it's stuck at Waterloo for the first few days of it's life as I had two bikes there today.Can't ride both at the same time.:tongue:

Top Bottom