Scotland : Perthshire 3 pistes 2016 edition

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Different options next year, with shorter route and a 3 day even being added to the Sunday 102 miles of hell. More details to be released 21st November with entries open 22nd

Decided I have unfinished business and I'm gonna sign up to finish next year.

Believe @Edwardoka and @tug benson are in already
I'm most definitely not in. I have unfinished business with the Lecht but the route itself, after this year's ordeal? No way! :surrender:
The 3 day event looks like being an interesting prospect but they have form for sadistic routing, and day 1 and 3 are "surprises".

Plus, if all goes well I'll be elsewhere... :bicycle:

OP
OP
Louch

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
Sorry I thought you had pre registered

Saturday is usually when cairn o mount is on, so can see that being it with profits shared there with the HPC guys. That's 80 miles and silly climbing too, so day 3 can only be something fun....no? Lol

Nothing personal, I assure you, around these parts "sadistic routing" is a compliment :okay:
It was a fantastically well-run event on an amazing route and I can't fault you guys for a single thing!

On the day it was the perfect storm of already bloody-hard climbs meeting the brutal headwind from the Lecht onwards.
I didn't have the strength of character to get up the Lecht in one go on the day and I don't have the strength of character to attempt the full route again - at least not until the memory is less fresh...

Col5632

Guru
I'm tempted to give it a bash next year but unsure if I'll be career changing at the time, depends how my interview goes in April 16

Col5632

Guru
Enter the sportive Colin....its an amazing event, crazy tough but still amazing

I just don't want to enter it if I then can't do it going for the Police :crazy:

OP
OP
Louch

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
Unless you are allowed out at weekends, I wouldn't advise it. The hardest hill on the HPC is the start of it, and it doesn't let up. I thought I'd trained my arse off for it, but next year going harder still

Col5632

Guru
Unless you are allowed out at weekends, I wouldn't advise it. The hardest hill on the HPC is the start of it, and it doesn't let up. I thought I'd trained my arse off for it, but next year going harder still

Yeah that's my big problem, don't get as much time to train anymore

Top Bottom