3 punctures, 1 commute, no spares.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tynan

Veteran
so sir needs to carry (perhaps) the link remover and a power link thingy to replace the damaged link?

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
Tynan said:
so sir needs to carry (perhaps) the link remover and a power link thingy to replace the damaged link?

I've never found I've needed anything else apart from the powerlink to mend a snapped chain. Parts of the damaged link come apart quite easily by hand.

As I said I carry a chaintool anyway, but just incase I need to shorten the chain to singlespeed the drivechain. But that'd be for a completely different mechanical failure.

bonj2

gambatte said:
I've never found I've needed anything else apart from the powerlink to mend a snapped chain. Parts of the damaged link come apart quite easily by hand.

As I said I carry a chaintool anyway, but just incase I need to shorten the chain to singlespeed the drivechain. But that'd be for a completely different mechanical failure.

what in case the jockey wheels fail?
funnily enough that exact thing has happened to my mtb - but only 'cos they were totally gunked up and would hardly move. Must have all dried in them from before xmas. I was thinking it might be new mech time, but fortunately I think a bit of a prodding and a generous spray of teflon has degunked them and saved me £52.

the little hex bolt that undoes the jockey wheel plate have totally rounded in the process though, so i can't get the jockey wheels off. :biggrin: that is one thing that I think is better about shimano mechs.

Top Bottom