36 Weeks!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
http://www.eadt.co.uk/news/driver-jailed-over-death-of-colin-taylor-in-hitcham-1-5450604

Delivery driver hit & kills a cyclist and then drove off and completed his rounds having checked that there were no witnesses and lied to his employers about the reason for the vehicle damage. Only traced through CCTV evidence and a public appeal for information.

And for all this the result is a 36 week sentence, 16 month ban and a £140 victim surcharge fine. Some deterrant.

Last edited:

Drago

Legendary Member
He'd have got rather more for stealing a parcel from his employer.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Drago said:
He'd have got rather more for stealing a parcel from his employer.

He probably wouldn't have even got any kind of custodial sentence for nicking a parcel, unless he mugged someone for it. The judicial and legal system in this country is full of hand-wringing do-gooders who do not actually believe in punishment. That's why the country is full of scum with no respect for anyone else and no respect for the law.

Drago

Legendary Member
He probably wouldn't have even got any kind of custodial sentence for nicking a parcel, unless he mugged someone for it. The judicial and legal system in this country is full of hand-wringing do-gooders who do not actually believe in punishment. That's why the country is full of scum with no respect for anyone else and no respect for the law.

Theft from employer often earns a custodial because as well as the theft it constitutes a breach of trust. Its a shame the legal system doesn't value a cyclists life as much as £50 of goods.

And when he's out he should never be allowed a licence again. That's another thing that boils my wee wee.

MarkF

Guru
Hopefully his employer may take a tougher stance.

I suppose his employers will carry on as normal. Putting drivers under huge pressure to hit wildly unrealistic delivery targets, to earn a poor salary, whilst all the while reminding them they must always comply with the rules of the road (abdicating responsibility). It doesn't add up.

Slick

Guru
This is another disgusting example of the courts failing a family.

I couldn't read it all, have the family made a statement?

MarkF

Guru

I ran a business, was on first name terms with many delivery drivers for all the national carriers, we treated them like humans, often to try and calm them down. They are stressed out beyond most peoples comprehension for the reason I gave above, incidents like this won't stop until all the bullshit stops and the courier/delivery industry is properly regulated.

Tbh I get the creeps and stay well away from liveried delivery vehicles whilst cycling.

classic33

Leg End Member
From the link given in the opening post.
Vanjpg.jpg

Top Bottom