38 or 40cm C-C handlebar...now sorted

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
If anyone has the above…31.8mm O/S. lightish, modern compact drop in black.
Nothing fancy as I don’t want to be spending a fortune as can get for around £25 new
Please let me know :okay:

T4tomo

Legendary Member
you can get for £9 new. I was looking at these the other week as revamping the OH's gravel bike "cockpit":okay:. I went with some flared compact kalloys for £12, that are now OOS.
https://www.wiggle.co.uk/brand-x-road-racing-bars-compact
add your bar tape and new inner cables and you've hit the £20 free postage too.

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Thanks for the heads up, not sure I need anything else, will ask LBS to reuse the tape (otherwise I have some in waiting), the bike is fairly low mileage so cables good as well.

Just noticed those are fatter on the flats. Other than width, that’s a reason I want to swap out the decathlon ones, I like a narrower round area to hold, just more comfortable for me when sat up in traffic using the cross levers (the classic at 9.99 would do though)

Last edited:

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Thanks for the heads up, not sure I need anything else, will ask LBS to reuse the tape (otherwise I have some in waiting), the bike is fairly low mileage so cables good as well

I'm a bit OCD on bar tape, and depending on the type it doesn't always come off nicely or you get clean and dirty stipes if the overlap is different. But then I also find wrapping bar tape quite therapeutic.

Same with cables, whilst you have the bars stripped down, for the sake of a couple of quid each, if you are re-threading cables I would always use new (maybe reuse the old back brake snipped off on the front brake) as you often need to snip back to beyond where they were clamped to get a clean inner end to thread through the outer. Its false economy to reuse old ones, IMHO.

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
I'm a bit OCD on bar tape, and depending on the type it doesn't always come off nicely or you get clean and dirty stipes if the overlap is different. But then I also find wrapping bar tape quite therapeutic.

Same with cables, whilst you have the bars stripped down, for the sake of a couple of quid each, if you are re-threading cables I would always use new (maybe reuse the old back brake snipped off on the front brake) as you often need to snip back to beyond where they were clamped to get a clean inner end to thread through the outer. Its false economy to reuse old ones, IMHO.

I’ll see what the mechanic says, he’s already rewrapped with the same tape.
Wiggle do have some nice new neon orange. I kept the pink as a thief deterrent as this bike is left locked up for 10 hours :laugh:

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
As the majority of bike thieves are male, as a thief deterrent, that is a brilliant idea!…… Just make your bike a bit more girly?👍😂

It also has a pink bottle cage :girldance:
Indeed, I remember having a chat with a lady outside Waitrose who had a (rather small) pink Pearson roadbike...she said that their shed was robbed and it was the only bike not taken:ohmy:

Is some fizik white tape any good? Yours for the cost of postage, it can be rewrapped as it’s not too sticky but it does get dirty easily.

https://www.fizik.com/uk_en/tempo-microtex-classic.html

No probs, I bought it but then got some lifeline performance bar tape instead which I prefer as it’s got less logo markings on it.

Top Bottom