396 and 397 watch batteries

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yep. It's a learned response btw, because queens carry their kittens by the scruff, and they're conditioned not to wiggle while mum carries them. I will never scruff a cat when judging or stewarding, but if they're getting wiggly, pinching them on the scruff does calm them down.

P.S. That's an Oriental bicolour-point.

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
Yep. It's a learned response btw, because queens carry their kittens by the scruff, and they're conditioned not to wiggle while mum carries them. I will never scruff a cat when judging or stewarding, but if they're getting wiggly, pinching them on the scruff does calm them down.

P.S. That's an Oriental bicolour-point.

Yes, I figured it was to make parenting easier. You clearly know your cats!

A mate of mine has three (nondescript black ones, since you ask) - next time I go round there I might turn them all of and leave them in comedy locations to be discovered at a later date :tongue: (not really as I know this would probably carry a risk of permanently breaking them)

Yes, I figured it was to make parenting easier. You clearly know your cats!

A mate of mine has three (nondescript black ones, since you ask) - next time I go round there I might turn them all of and leave them in comedy locations to be discovered at a later date :tongue: (not really as I know this would probably carry a risk of permanently breaking them)

Cats are generally exPURRts at finding comedy locations for themselves without Human intervention. For instance, Madam Lexi is currently ensconced in a brass bucket / scuttle full of waste paper. :laugh:

Have had cats for nigh on 30 years, volunteered for CP and been variously involved in the show scene since 2006. :blush: Don't exhibit anymore as Madam Lexi really doesn't enjoy it, but I steward (handling cats & paperwork for a judge), and also judge Household Pets i.e. non-pedigrees plus pedigree pets.

wafter

Cats are generally exPURRts at finding comedy locations for themselves without Human intervention. For instance, Madam Lexi is currently ensconced in a brass bucket / scuttle full of waste paper. :laugh:

Have had cats for nigh on 30 years, volunteered for CP and been variously involved in the show scene since 2006. :blush: Don't exhibit anymore as Madam Lexi really doesn't enjoy it, but I steward (handling cats & paperwork for a judge), and also judge Household Pets i.e. non-pedigrees plus pedigree pets.

lol - yeah, for all their pomp and gaslighting they do indulge in some bizarre behaviours.

I've always been more of a dog person myself, however sadly it's a moot point since I'm allergic to everything :sad:

lol - yeah, for all their pomp and gaslighting they do indulge in some bizarre behaviours.

I've always been more of a dog person myself, however sadly it's a moot point since I'm allergic to everything :sad:

Pomp, deffo. Gaslighting? No. Cats are very honest communicators, you just have to learn to read their body language - which is their primary mode of communication. Although I won't deny they're very good at getting exactly what they want LOL!

I prefer to be a doggy Auntie, provider of treats and oinking pig toys. :smile:

wafter

Pomp, deffo. Gaslighting? No. Cats are very honest communicators, you just have to learn to read their body language - which is their primary mode of communication. Although I won't deny they're very good at getting exactly what they want LOL!

I prefer to be a doggy Auntie, provider of treats and oinking pig toys. :smile:

Yes.. they certainly are that!

Granted dogs are far higher maintenance so your position is probably wise :smile:

Nor does mine. But I costs £400 for a service every decade to keep it running well.
Batteries are probably cheaper.

Depends. My local watch guy charges around £100 for a service which is entirely reasonable. I suppose that if your watch is spendier than mine or more complicated than mine* and you've then got to send it to an authorized repairer, then yeah, that figures.

I also dig the environmental aspect of vintage mechanical watches i.e. no batteries to dispose of, and it's nice to keep something in use rather than (as so many were) have it wanged into the bin. As long as you've not got something too obscure inside the case, then parts are still reasonably easy to come by.

* Most complicated are autos with day & date. Simplest are a couple of basic 2-handers. Downside is being ladies' watches, they're on the tiddly side, but then I'm tiddly too :blush:

Top Bottom