3D Printing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm doing 3d part design at work and getting the printing done via 3DHubs.
It's fun and relatively cheap, with all sorts of materials being developed.

If we find the right printer we'll be getting one. Choosing is a bit if a minefield.

It designed correctly, and printed well 3D parts can be pretty strong if loaded correctly.

I’m a mechanical design engineer who works primarily with fire fighting nozzles for professional use.

We regularly flow water through 3D printed prototypes with only minor touch up needed. As a professional tool it’s been fantastic, in the home with I experienced users. There’s still a steep learning curve and I wouldn’t say they’re ready for mass market yet.

But it’s changing every year

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
My local library now has a maker space with a couple of 3D printers - haven't properly investigated it yet and I've no idea whether there are lots of these around or if we are unusual- or I did have no idea until just now, looked it up here

JhnBssll

Veteran
3D printer is pretty much finished now, just waiting on delivery of a fan to cool the extruded material a bit quicker but it's working pretty well. I've tidied up the wiring and put an old CAD workstation in the garage alongside it so I can play about in the mancave to my hearts content :laugh: I've also ordered a smart turbo and installed Zwift on the PC so will be using that when the weather is grim whilst waiting for parts to print :becool: Living the dream :laugh:

hoopdriver

Guru
There are some wonderful things that can be done with commercial 3-D printers. That’s really more the future of the technology - taking your designs to commercial printers to have things made - rather than doing it yourself at home. Home printing is just for novelty stuff.

Top Bottom