3pm today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've already been in the garage, fettling and lubing the bike in preparation for this afternoon's traffic-free ride.

The roads around here look like there has been a nuclear holocaust when there's a match on. I dislike football in the first place, but all this hype and hysteria really gets to me. I can't wait for it all to be over, even if it means the roads going back to their normal, clogged state.

TVC

As I hoped we had Beacon Hill to ourselves which was actually a bit eerie. As Arch, Roger or any other Leicesterites will know, Beacon Hill on a hot Sunday afternoon should be awash with families, instead it was just us and the Longhorns.

longers

Legendary Member
The roads weren't as quiet as I'd hoped they would be and ended up popping back to catch the end of the second half anyway.

Big holdups in Denshaw which put me off taking the A640 to Huddersfield as I didn't fancy all the held up drivers rushing to get past. Did do some nice lanebashing around Saddleworth though. Lovely.

OP
OP
NormanD

NormanD

Lunatic Asylum Escapee
25 miles of utter bliss in this strange new world of the "handful of cars zone" :wacko:

I could even hear myself singing (out of tune of course)

Can't we have an event like this on TV at least once a week :bravo:

Top Bottom