3T ErgoNova Pro or ErgoSum Pro?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

e-rider

crappy member
I'm looking at getting either of the above 3T handlebars for my roadbike. Anyone got either of them and would like to share their experiences, likes and dislikes, before I blow fifty quid on something that is rubbish!

I've already read the Wiggle reviews and they are quite favourable to both. So really I'm looking for differences between the two to help me decide which one would be best for me.

Cheers

djb1971

Legendary Member
I've got the ergonovas on one of the bikes because at the time I couldn't get the FSA omegas. If you're not used to compacts you'll love them, you can ride the drops very easily.

Look at the FSA Omegas and save £20;)

OP
OP
e-rider

e-rider

crappy member
did you have trouble with the external cable routing?

do you only tape these 3/4 of the way up?

and if so, does the 3T logo get dirty and wear off easily?

djb1971

Legendary Member
no
yes
yes if you use lights etc that fasten to the bars. Other than that the white print/line has been ok

They are good bars but not worth the extra £20 over the FSA Omega. My favourites are the FSA wing pro compact. They've got a similar profile but a nice flat top for gripping onto when needed but they are even more expensive.

I've used the fsa vero/omega/wing pro and the 3t ergonova compacts and the wing pro win hands down . The 3t are bottom of the list except the veros because they are the heaviest.

OP
OP
e-rider

e-rider

crappy member
Thanks, I've got FSA Vero bars at the moment - they are cheap and heavy but the shape is OK; they came with the bike.

I recently bought a FSA stem to go with my Vero bars but the quality was shocking so I returned it to Wiggle and got the 3T pro stem instead for just about the same price - much better quality.

So after that: 1. I was put off FSA products, and 2. I thought about getting some bars to match my new 3T pro stem; hence this thread.

djb1971

Legendary Member
I've just gone to check & the ergonovas are almost identical to the veros but the 3t have a flat top section. They are of course lighter than the veros.

GrahamG

Guru
I've got the standard ergosum which suits me just great - there are some important distinctions though between these different brand compact bars, I ordered three different models all to compare with the Omegas. The big difference for me was the bend from flats to hoods because I didn't like the large radius bend here on the Omegas, I prefer something really tight for resting the hands on the bend just back from the hoods. Also there's a difference with the distance from lever/hood position to the flats between the different models. Most of them have an identical drop shape though.

Just thought I'd highlight this just in case you're as picky as me!

OP
OP
e-rider

e-rider

crappy member
cheers, so does the ergosum provide a nice flat platform just behind the hoods? I do most of my riding on the tops and hoods so this is important. I only occasionally visit the drops so that's less impostant

GrahamG

Guru
Yes, they're ideal for that - a good platform, whereas some are really short or just huge radius bend like the FSAs, with a tight bend.

Top Bottom