40, Fat and unfit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Peter Cairns

Good on you, like a lot have said, your story is the same for lots of us. I gave up cigs and alcohol so desperately needed an outlet and found it in cycling. No going back, only forward in ever increasing increments. Welcome to the brotherhood....and sisterhood.

Andy Jeffery

Hello Fella. Same sort of story. Don't smoke but ate and drank too much hence 18.5 stone! Appendix burst in Feb got septisimia from it and guess I'm lucky that's what the surgeon keeps telling me. Came home looked in the mirror fat now with large scar. Can't do anything about the scar but can sort the fat! Got back on a bike in May went out got knackered LOVED it. Started slow 4 miles 8 miles 10 miles. Last weekend I did a sportive 72 miles. You can do it if I can do it. Just keep peddling love don't hate the hills it's only pain. If you can feel pain you are alive! Join a friendly club that will help and meet loads of new people. Happy days enjoy!
Ps I'm now 15.12 stone. Just keep at it

Rosieb

Regular
Found your message and just wanted to say, I hope its going well. I love bikes and cycling, but am finding it hard to get motivated to get out regularly. I struggle with my breath and I dont sweat on my face so I just get redder and redder.... Not a good look. I am in the hunt for a decent but reasonably cheap bike to replace my HEAVY old mountain bike.

indigomidnight

I'm 37 very fat and decided cycling might just save my life maybe?! I'm hoping it won't be a fad. My Dad died last month massive heart attack he was youngish fit and seemed healthy. All his brothers and sisters have either died of heart related issues or are living with them and my mums had heart trouble for well; ever!
if the alarm bells were slightly muted they are ringing loud and clear. I have to get fit!

Bye bye Cornish pasty farewell Melton Mobery its been...tasty

My goal and yes I have one, two infact (at least) is to cycle two and from work 2.6 miles each way. I know I know its tiny. To me trust me its huge!

I am getting married next year too so a trimmer me for the photos will be great too.

Recap on goals.
*get fitter*Slimmer*sexy for wedding photos*live longer*cheep travel.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I'm 37 very fat and decided cycling might just save my life maybe?! I'm hoping it won't be a fad. My Dad died last month massive heart attack he was youngish fit and seemed healthy. All his brothers and sisters have either died of heart related issues or are living with them and my mums had heart trouble for well; ever!
if the alarm bells were slightly muted they are ringing loud and clear. I have to get fit!

My goal and yes I have one, two infact (at least) is to cycle two and from work 2.6 miles each way. I know I know its tiny. To me trust me its huge!

I am getting married next year too so a trimmer me for the photos will be great too.

Recap on goals.

The best of luck to you.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member

Recap on goals.
Please do not sacrifice Cornish Pasties, though. I have many of the same problems in my family, but my father showed me that if one stays active and athletic, one can beat even the odds genetic predisposition to heart and artery disease present. Good on you for getting out there and getting something done about it.

Top Bottom