40 grammes please...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Noodley

The new Sainsburys advert with Jamie Oliver and feeding a family for a fiver. The "mum" goes to the cheese counter and asks for 40 grammes of cheese...that's about an ounce and a half in "old money". As in - not much. So why does the film accompanying it show a big slab being cut and a huge mound of cheese on top of the prepared meal for the family?

I'll tell you why - Jamie Oliver is a wizard. ;)

Keith Oates

Janner
or a con artist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
Noodley

Noodley

Keith Oates said:
or a con artist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keith Oates! Go to the back of the class. As if he would put his name to such a thing! ;):tongue:

Nope, he is a wizard. A man of the ways of wizardry.

Abitrary

I left a lump of pilgrims choice cheddar in my pannier all day by mistake, and it went weird, sort of misshapen.

It was greasy so I just sort of fished it straight out the pannier and into the fridge.

OP
OP
Noodley

Noodley

Abitrary said:
I left a lump of pilgrims choice cheddar in my pannier all day by mistake, and it went weird, sort of misshapen.

It was greasy so I just sort of fished it straight out the pannier and into the fridge.

And what happened? Were you able to use any wizard skills? Or is this only the domain of Oliver?

Abitrary

That advert is a sad indictment. Go out and get yourself hugely in debt in sub-prime mortgages, own a car for taking the kids to school, and then moan when the fuel bills get too high.

Then try to feed your family for the price of market scraps. Wonder what sainsburys profit was last year?

OP
OP
Noodley

Noodley

Abitrary said:
Wonder what sainsburys profit was last year?

Would it matter if you were Mr Oliver. They could make a loss and he would use his wizard ways to make it look better...

hubgearfreak

Über Member
Abitrary said:
That advert is a sad indictment. Go out and get yourself hugely in debt in sub-prime mortgages, own a car for taking the kids to school, and then moan when the fuel bills get too high.

Then try to feed your family for the price of market scraps. Wonder what sainsburys profit was last year?

you're right of course, it'll be the advert before or after the one imploring you to take out a £20 000 loan for the latest honda/ford/whatever;)

as for sainsbury., about £488m http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7399865.stm

Maz

Guru
Abitrary said:
This normally happens to the kids' wax crayons left in the car on a warm day.

simonali

Guru
"Sort of fished it out"??

My fridge has lots cheese in it at the mo', due to cheese loving friends visiting last weekend not bloody eating it!

From memory I have Edam, 3 or 4 Cheddars, Port Salut, blueberry Stilton and some Somerset Blue - all opened. The only one they finished was a Camembert, which I'm glad of coz it smelt like a dead rat! :biggrin:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
My fave cheese is "Queso de tetilla" from Galicia,. North West Spain... basically it means "tit-shaped cheese", which it is! :biggrin:
queso-tetilla-01.jpg

Top Bottom