40 years ago today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

iandg

Legendary Member
I won a national championship

28978854363_788ce685f7_z.jpg

r04DiE

300km a week through London on a road bike.
It says at the top that you came fifth.

Only joking :biggrin: Well done and I can honestly say that that is something that I will now never achieve. Good for you :smile:

steve50

Disenchanted Member
40 years ago today i was 18years old and just starting out on the path of adult life, oh to have the chance to start over again and know what I know now, Life would be so different...............................but would it be any better?

midlife

Guru
I did the George Herbert Stancer 10 .... Wetherby course on the A1 iirc. All the paperwork was for my school and not for the club I rode for.

Or maybe it was 1975...

Shaun

midlife

Guru
Blimey......you did it more than once :smile:

I wonder what year it was held at Wetherby? , All the stuff from that era is in a box in the garage, even my old training diaries:smile:

I'm sure I did it on my Woodrup and not my Jackson (avatar pic) which came later.

Shaun

fimm

Veteran
I was 4.
Congratulations.
I'm assuming your name is in the block capitals on the left; what then is the significance of "Graham Balfour" etc?

midlife

Guru
I was 4.
Congratulations.
I'm assuming your name is in the block capitals on the left; what then is the significance of "Graham Balfour" etc?

Should be the school of OP. The Sir Graham Balfour School I presume :smile: The GHS 10 was raced under our school name and not the name of our club. Mind you it was 40 years ago so I could be completely wrong LOL

Shaun

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Should be the school of OP. The Sir Graham Balfour School I presume :smile: The GHS 10 was raced under our school name and not the name of our club. Mind you it was 40 years ago so I could be completely wrong LOL

Shaun
Ah I see. When I saw it I thought that Sir Henry Floyd character who came second sounded a bit posh. I was imagining Lord Snooty on a really fancy bike.

Congratulations anyway

40 years ago ... I don't think I did anything interesting. I was taking my first steps in building bikes from bits from junkyards.

Top Bottom