48 miles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
Good luck,my two mates and me are going to Skipton round trip 60+ funny thing is i am mildly concerned that i might blow up.
Not done anything like the distances i did last year due to crappy weather.So good luck to you for tomorrow.

OP
OP
Lee_M

Lee_M

Guru
Good luck yourself, nice place to go skipton. I was brought up in Yorkshire so know it well. Don't envy you the hills though!

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
Id take some hydration drinks with you and snacks, last time I went for a 50 miler on a hot day I had to stop at just 20 miles and sit in the shade because I was getting more and more dizzy.

Good luck, take us some photos :smile:

OP
OP
Lee_M

Lee_M

Guru
Agree on that I have energy bars and gels, I bonked on probably Essex most nasty hill on my first long ride and it was a bloody long walk up it!

Don't believe anyone that says Essex has no hills , try old church hill into Laindon!

gbb

Legendary Member
Wanstead to Leigh-on-sea tomorrow

4th long ride since my back operation and longest so far

Wish me luck, especially given the weather forecast!
The Met Office is stating a SW mild wind, so you should have a tail/side wind. Just going one way ?' should be ok.
Have a goodjun.

OP
OP
Lee_M

Lee_M

Guru
Yep just the one direction, but via foxhills Brentwood and billericay to keep away from the a127 and the v festival traffic

Looking forward to it, but since I've not been back long I do get a bit anxious until I set off, then I'm fine

MattHB

Proud Daddy
Good luck and take it steady! Gunna be a warm one down south here tomorrow. Don't know why but I've agreed to do the bonkers club ride again :eek:

Agree on that I have energy bars and gels, I bonked on probably Essex most nasty hill on my first long ride and it was a bloody long walk up it!

Don't believe anyone that says Essex has no hills , try old church hill into Laindon!

yeah tried to get up old church hill on my hybrid a couple of years ago............and failed miserably.

OP
OP
Lee_M

Lee_M

Guru
Well I finished the ride, although my Garmin got a bit confused and threw my course away, so instead of 48 miles I only did 45.

Still thats 10 miles than my previous longest.

Feell a bit like death now, but supposed to be off to the local CC tomorrow!

OP
OP
Lee_M

Lee_M

Guru
Hottest day of the year, you could tell because old Leigh was full of drunk chavs

We spent the day in the garden looking out over the estuary instead,

Saw lots of cyclists round Brentwood all going the other way, you were probably one of them!

Top Bottom