5 bikes in a one bed flat.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
With Mrs. tdr1nka's 'bent trike and MTB happily wintering under the stairs, this is how we keep my bikes and the tag-a-long safely out of the way, here at tdr1nka towers!

T x

There were 5 in a bed and the little Trike said "roll over, roll over"
So they all rolled over and one fell out
There were 4 in the bed and the mtn bike said................

domtyler

Über Member
Why ever are you not storing them in one of your many outbuildings? Surely the summerhouse would be ideal for this purpose.

simonali

Guru
Would now be a good time to mention that I have a double garage to keep my 1 bike in? :laugh:

OP
OP
tdr1nka

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Did I not say, we all live in the green house 'cos the house is full of bikes, the stables are full of 4x4's in case we need to just pop to the shops and the summer house is full of the champagne and caviar since our extensive cellars flooded. We had planned to camp out on the golf course but you know, appearences and all that.......

Tx

domtyler

Über Member
tdr1nka said:
Did I not say, we all live in the green house 'cos the house is full of bikes, the stables are full of 4x4's in case we need to just pop to the shops and the summer house is full of the champagne and caviar since our extensive cellars flooded. We had planned to camp out on the golf course but you know, appearences and all that.......

Tx

Oh I see. In that case I suggest a small cull of your domestic staff. Free up some of those bedrooms what? :biggrin:

OP
OP
tdr1nka

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
domtyler said:
Oh I see. In that case I suggest a small cull of your domestic staff. Free up some of those bedrooms what? :ohmy:

Come to think about it you might have a good point there.
I have started to get a bit tired with all the parties going on in the big house while in the greenhouse I have to improvise cheese toasties on a frost heater and boil water for tea with a soldering iron.............

Tx

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
My Herety used to live in a bedroom, until the kids arrived...... now resides in the garage with a few other bikes - both Roadies sit near a 'heater tube' to keep them cosy !!!

I applaud your inventiveness :angry:.

Wish I could raise one of my bikes up out of the way. I have 3 bikes in a tiny shed - have to turn the handlebars to get them in. There's just about room for my feet to stand inside the shed once they're all in. This makes winter maintenance a bit of a bear. Usually, I only do repairs outdoors when it's dry. There has been the odd occasion where it's been tipping down and I've had to do a fix 'en shed'. Usually results in either clothes getting oily or a bruise or two from handlebars.

Mrs B is understanding if I have to bring a bike indoors in an emergency, but it's not the solution really. But if I buy a bigger shed, that's money I can't spend directly on my bikes! :tongue::wacko:

Top Bottom