5 bikes in a one bed flat.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Keith Oates

Janner
Baths are the ideal place to clean bikes, no oily water anywhere except down the plug hole and they can be left there to drip dry so that no dirty drops are on the carpet on the way out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
tdr1nka

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Keith Oates said:
Baths are the ideal place to clean bikes, no oily water anywhere except down the plug hole and they can be left there to drip dry so that no dirty drops are on the carpet on the way out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take extra care if you have an enameled bath tho.

When I was a cage mechanic and I had washed the oily grime of the day from myself, I found it took longer cleaning the bath afterwards than it had taken to clean myself in the first place!

T x

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Cleaning bikes in the bath - god the wife would kill me........... make sure you get rid of the oil, or you could well be on your arse next time you use the bath...or if you have a 'partner', they could be... and you'd sure get a good ear bashing.....

I know I have found my natural life partner, as she is happy for us to have six bikes in the living room of our two bedroom flat.

And two in the main bedroom

And two trailers and stuff in the spare room

And a tandem outside

And two more bikes outside

And another three tandems and a vintage bike in store....;):biggrin::biggrin:

OP
OP
tdr1nka

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Current velo line up at tdr1nka towers is,
1 KMX-X trike hanging on wall in kitchen.
1 KMX-S under stairs along with teens MTB(which needs to go back to it's owner, it was on loan to Mrs. tdr1nka.).

The hall now not only has my MTB and Ms.tdr1nka's tagalong tandem hung from the walls but also Mrs. tdr1nka's 'new' MTB and Ms. tdr1nka's first proper MTB complete wiv stabilisers.

We have to draw the line somewhere and the law is no bikes in the living room, unless being fettled.

Otherwise this tiny flat soon resembles those houses where the authorities 'find' people, living in the hoardings of life's detritus.

Mrs. tdr1nka and I are rather accomplished 'skip rats' and Freecyclers, and we are busy collecting unwanted materials for a home we're building in Ireland, so another bike, let alone a tandem, has to fit around repatriated double glazed windows and allsorts!

Top Bottom