5 Brit Girls injured

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Vikeonabike

Vikeonabike

CC Neighbourhood Police Constable
Guys,
Never intended it to be a whose to blame thread...just for a change I don't care TBH. Point is they got hurt, they're cyclists and all have hopes of riding in 2012...
Just wanted it to be a support thread...

NigC

Vikeonabike said:
Guys,
Never intended it to be a whose to blame thread...just for a change I don't care TBH. Point is they got hurt, they're cyclists and all have hopes of riding in 2012...

+1

chap

Veteran
Glad to hear that there were no fatalities, hope they recover soon. I also hope that those to blame are held accountable.

Crankarm

Guru
Vikeonabike said:
Guys,

Well Hilldodger started it having a pop at me. If it happened in Belgium doesn't their law assume a collision with a ped/cyclist is the driver's fault anyway unless he/she can establish other wise?

Crankarm said:
Well Hilldodger started it having a pop at me. If it happened in Belgium doesn't their law assume a collision with a ped/cyclist is the driver's fault anyway unless he/she can establish other wise?

WTF?:sad::ohmy:!:tongue::wacko:!

I'll not comment on this post again but as I have said before - nobody, least of all me, likes to see a cyclist hurt.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Crankarm said:

Point 1 - I dont think he was having a go at you, he was commenting on how the thread turned out..

Point 2 - No. Belguim law is such that the insurer pays out, its not assumed guilt in a driving offence kind of way IIRC.

...anyway...!

Back on topic. saw a picture of one of the girls one one the news websites last night. She looked pretty roughed up.:biggrin:

Crankarm

Guru
downfader said:
Point 1 - I dont think he was having a go at you, he was commenting on how the thread turned out..

Point 2 - No. Belguim law is such that the insurer pays out, its not assumed guilt in a driving offence kind of way IIRC.

...anyway...!

Back on topic. saw a picture of one of the girls one one the news websites last night. She looked pretty roughed up.:angry:

Aren't you confusing criminal and civil law? Guilt is criminal law. Liability or fault (layman) is civil law. If Belgium law is as you say the "insurer pays out" doesn't this assume that the driver is liable (at fault) unless he can establish otherwise in which case an insurer (civil law) wouldn't pay out for any other party's losses if they weren't liable?

Not sure if criminal law in Belgium holds a driver responsible for a collision if the other party (injured) they collided with is a vulnerable road user such as a ped/cyclist? Some of the driving I have witnessed from the local Belgiques whilst passing through their green land pleasant land has been suicidal. Of course there is the Flemish speaking half and then the other Walloon half :biggrin:.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Some of the comments on MSN on this story are sickening.Threats and racism:

http://news.uk.msn.com/uk/articles.aspx?ucpg=3&cp-documentid=153315244

:biggrin:

I've had to click report on a couple of those as frankly its beyond reproach. I never realised they allowed internet access from mental health units. :angry:

Crankarm

Guru
Shocking. Reported some of the morons myself for what good it will do ;).

The girls are young and fit so hopefully they will heal fully and quickly.

Top Bottom