5 years ago

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Today it is 5yrs since the death of my little 'cohort' so I'm posting one of the few pictures I've got of us in happier times, wandering along Lathkill Dale.

004.jpg

This is me and Sabor, still miss the 'Lad'

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
That's a big 5 year hole Sabor has left.

OP
OP
raleighnut

raleighnut

Legendary Member
That's a big 5 year hole Sabor has left.
Yeah, Maz wouldn't let me have another, she reckoned no other dog could come close to him despite me saying "I could bring another one on to be as gentle as him". Don't get me wrong, he wasn't perfect, in fact he could be quite 'lairy' with me when we were playing but he never growled at anyone/ bit anyone and never really fought with any other dogs although he was still a full male but an Ooooiiii from me stopped him in his tracks. (that was his 'stop' word, when we got him I borrowed a GSD specific training book from the library that had the police training methods in it including how they 'toilet train' their dogs with a command word and also how to let them know when they had to behave and when it was 'playtime')
He went all over the place with me, to the pub, to festivals and on camping trips (by train/bus) but his favourite thing was meeting kids, for some reason toddlers loved him and would run straight up to him. The look on their parents faces was something to behold when this happened but at the time we had 4 grandkids so I knew he not only could be trusted but that he actually loved kids (apparently that is a Wolf trait, protecting the young)
He looks quite small in that picture but he was a big lad (55kg) it's just the angle it was taken from.

Top Bottom