50 Mile Route in Worcester area?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Hont said:
Head out towards Crowle and there are loads of quiet country roads in that direction, through North Piddle (optional detour to Piddle Lake, just to see for your own eyes that there really is such a place) Bishampton, Stock and Bradley etc. See image - all quiet roads, some steep but fairly short hills in the Lenches. Loads of country pubs to stop at. Some iffy road surfaces and you'll be held up by some horses at least once but very few cars for most of it.

route.jpg

How far is the Countryside Centre from the Motorway? Not far, I think, but correct me if I am wrong. This would save driving into Worcester, giving more time for cycling.

I am not sure if there free parking there. I think there is a cafe for end of ride teas and edibles.

Driving into Worcester City itself might, IMO, be unnecessary.

Hont

Guru
AlanW said:
We regularly ride these lanes as well. In fact every Saturday starting from The Bramley Cottage in Elcocks Brock, Redditch at 9 am.

45 miles near enough and anyone is more than welcome to join us.

We normally have about 8 in the group but it can swell to over a dozen. I would class the pace as brisk, but not fast, well maybe in places. :hello:

How brisk is "brisk"? :biggrin:

Debian

Speicher said:
How far is the Countryside Centre from the Motorway? Not far, I think, but correct me if I am wrong. This would save driving into Worcester, giving more time for cycling.

I am not sure if there free parking there. I think there is a cafe for end of ride teas and edibles.

Driving into Worcester City itself might, IMO, be unnecessary.

Couple of minutes.

Free parking but it closes and is locked up in the evening, not sure what time, latish though.

OP
OP
Norry1

Norry1

Legendary Member
Looks like a plan coming together here :eek:

I may even make a Saturday morning as well if all are welcome. My usual average is more like 14-15mph but it'll do me good to work a bit harder.

Martin

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Debian said:
Couple of minutes.

Free parking but it closes and is locked up in the evening, not sure what time, latish though.

9pm closing time says the website. I cannot make a link to it, because the address wotsit is about one hundred characters long. There is also a site for the Orchard Cafe.

bonk man

Head west young man :biggrin: ,,, I think a good place to head for would be Wellington Garden Centre which is near [ish] to Hereford, decent cafe and really nice lanes if you head out through Suckley and Bishops Frome etc. Maybe come back over the Wyche and through Malvern for some great views.
Come out with our club if you like.. http://sevale.co.uk/

Will be doing about 75 miles this weekend so a bit longer than your 50 but at an easy pace.

Top Bottom