500 miles since February

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
I got my bike computer on February 15th, and since then i've clocked up just over 500 miles! Now i know this is just a walk in the park for most on here, but when you consider i didn't even own a bike back in january and was smoking 20 a day, i think this is quite an achievement for me. I havn't had a cigarette since january 25th, the hacking smokers cough has gone and i have lost over 6kg in weight so far. I am getting out on the bike more and more, i try and do 10 - 12 miles a day, 3 or 4 days a week and a long ride at the weekend of 25 miles or so. I only have one regret though...not doing this years ago!:sad:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Well down lazyj. You've gone and caught the bug haven't you?

For a bit of extra motivation, why not join the Cycle Chat My Cycling Log team here and work your way up the table. Youa re more then welcome

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Nice one, between the cycling and kicking the cancer sticks your heart and lungs will be think its christmas.

adds21

Rider of bikes
Nice one. You're doing it the right way to. I stopped smoking nearly 2 years ago (30 a day for 20 years), but didn't start cycling until 9 months later... I'm still trying to lose some of the weight I gained when I stopped smoking! Not that I mind, I feel so much better even if I am a few kilos heavier.

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
:sad: Well done lazyj. Both for the riding and quitting smoking.

Now just imagine how great this "barbecue summer" we're overdue is going to feel on the bike :biggrin:

OP
OP
jayonabike

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
ianrauk said:
Well down lazyj. You've gone and caught the bug haven't you?

For a bit of extra motivation, why not join the Cycle Chat My Cycling Log team here and work your way up the table. Youa re more then welcome

Yes i have definately have been bitten! I absolutely love it, i have even started getting up earlier so i can get an hours ride in before my son gets home from school (i work nights), and long for the weekend so i can get out again. I'm going to be even worse when the road bike i've ordered turns up.... The Mrs wants me to do loads of DIY soon, new bathroom, living room etc and i'm thinking bo***cks to that, i'd rather go out on my bike;) Oh well somethings going to have to give, hope she understands!!:wacko:

And yes i intend to get on My Cycling Log in the next couple of days...

jay

OP
OP
jayonabike

jayonabike