500g off wheels/frame/rider = same difference?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
One factor that comes out of the above, eg, which didn't emerge from the other 'discussion', or the linked irrefutable logic, is the significance of stopping/starting. I can intuitively get the idea that once things are rolling, it's only the 'system weight' that really matters, but when a lot of acceleration/deceleration is involved, there might be an issue. Which might, if the case, be an issue for me, since most of my riding is inner-city, and long-distance cruising is a rarity.

But like I say, I raised the issue out of interest and curiosity, and thought a broader discussion might offer more grist to my curiosity mill, and would almost certainly be more interesting. So far, looks like I was right! (About that, at least.)

This tells me you didn't bother to read the linked thread and would rather someone give you a short summary in such a way that it agrees with your prejudice on the matter.

Let me then do it for you and put this second-guessing to rest: "Taking weight off a wheel is 16.7 times more important than removing weight from elsewhere on a bicycle and by saving just 50.2 grams of weight at the wheel's outer circumference you can improve your commuting Strava record by between 11.2% and 18.6% depending on whether it is a 26" or 29" wheel."

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
"grinding axes"?? I imagine a nice pair of carbon ceramic bearings would fix that!

I'd recommend necking hour.

Top Bottom