54/56cm Steel Singlespeed frame

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It's getting to the point where I think it's nearly time for me to retire my trusty old 'Look' frame.

I'm after replacing it with a steel frame with track dropouts around 54/56 measurements.

Decent clearance would be a bonus, as would a drilled fork to fit a front rack, but these aren't essential.

If anyone has anything that might suit, let me know.

Frames only preferably, as I'll just be swapping everything across, though I am willing to consider full builds.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Got nothing with track ends but would love to see your old Look @wesfoster please

fossala

Guru
I don’t have one for sale but I ride a genesis day one. You can often get them for less than £500 new. Clearance for 40mm with guards (50mm without), takes front rack and has track dropouts.

I don’t have one for sale but I ride a genesis day one. You can often get them for less than £500 new. Clearance for 40mm with guards (50mm without), takes front rack and has track dropouts.
Yeah have been keeping an eye out for Day Ones. Have you got the disc or rim brake version? Will probably try and get a rim brake version, as it's a straight swap for everything I already have. Missed a Spa cycles sale which brought the Brother Allday framers down to £290 which is a bit of a pain, as they look perfect.

fossala

Guru
Yeah have been keeping an eye out for Day Ones. Have you got the disc or rim brake version? Will probably try and get a rim brake version, as it's a straight swap for everything I already have. Missed a Spa cycles sale which brought the Brother Allday framers down to £290 which is a bit of a pain, as they look perfect.
I have the disc but it’s not stock. 515066

I have the disc but it’s not stock. View attachment 515066
oooh that's a lovely build.

vickster

Legendary Member
Why not ask Spa what sort of deal they can do, assuming it wasn’t years ago and they still sell that model?

Unfortunately not, the Swift is average clearance, carbon fork malarky,

https://www.spacycles.co.uk/m2b0s143p3709/BROTHER-CYCLES-The-Allday-Frameset

This is the Allday, can't brakes, decent tyre clearance. Don't really fancy playing more than £200 for average steel, but has to have good clearance and front rack mounts ideally (or a fork that they can be brazed onto). They'll come back around though, probably not until next year now.

Top Bottom